I am no expert in this subject but just reading a lot of the threads on here, it is not necessarily a deal breaker. The board is looking for whole Soldier concept and will take it into consideration, but along with the rest of your packet. Ensure that you have amazing letters of recommendation, high PT score, college and a solid history for work/military service and submit your packet. Just remember, the only Aviation Warrant Officers are the ones who submitted their packets! Good luck!

Thanks Kyle, I'm active duty Air Force 10 Yrs TIS. with 2 well written CW4 LORs, and a good Battalion CC LOR along with a couple of supporting LORs from AF pilots I've worked and flew with previously. back ground in aviation and targeting, 3 deployments all over 200 days each. 270s PT. ill be submitting for the July Board with the package submission date in a few weeks. thanks for the reply.

I just completed my SIFT Test. I am a little disappointed that I didn't score higher, anyways I scored 46, is this a deal breaker?

Definitely not a deal breaker. I scored a 70, and my buddy scored a 43. Our wings look exactly the same. Make sure you bolster the rest of your packet though to essentially make up for a SIFT score on the low end.

Definitely not a deal breaker. I scored a 70, and my buddy scored a 43. Our wings look exactly the same. Make sure you bolster the rest of your packet though to essentially make up for a SIFT score on the low end.

I heard if you score an 80, they hand you your wings at the testing center. Of course you still have to prove your score to Insights_STG.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Our wings look exactly the same. Make sure you bolster the rest of your packet though to essentially make up for a SIFT score on the low end.

thank you for your positive attitude. I'm pumped to get this far, I have hit every road block in the package process so far, from missing last board because of TDY's to not getting things scheduled or them being scheduled and the MEPS/Test center not being prepared. i have my flight physical this Thurs/Friday, and the eye exam with topography and dilation on Tuesday. then should be done and ship everything to Rucker for the stamp and then submit my package on the 17th of May. I PRAY.

I heard if you score an 80, they hand you your wings at the testing center. Of course you still have to prove your score to Insights_STG.

I heard that you got an "80" engraved on em and automatic DHG status. With insights approval of course.

• Like 1

Thanks Kyle, I'm active duty Air Force 10 Yrs TIS. with 2 well written CW4 LORs, and a good Battalion CC LOR along with a couple of supporting LORs from AF pilots I've worked and flew with previously. back ground in aviation and targeting, 3 deployments all over 200 days each. 270s PT. ill be submitting for the July Board with the package submission date in a few weeks. thanks for the reply.

Rogue,

You need only to submit LORs from a senior aviation WO (W3-W5), your direct supervising company grade officer (CPT), and next supervising Field Grade officer (MAJ-LTC).

LORs you include beyond those required will either get thrown out, or detract from the amount of time a board member has to review the rest of your application. The USAREC WO recruiting page spells it out for in-service applicants.

Mike-

Rogue,

You need only to submit LORs from a senior aviation WO (W3-W5), your direct supervising company grade officer (CPT), and next supervising Field Grade officer (MAJ-LTC).

LORs you include beyond those required will either get thrown out, or detract from the amount of time a board member has to review the rest of your application. The USAREC WO recruiting page spells it out for in-service applicants.

Mike-

Stear,

My the first officer in my Chain of command is a Navy O-5, which I have his LOR, and then my Battalion equivalent is a Air Force O-6. I work at a Joint Command in a special duty billet. Should I try and find a O-3/O-4 to write these LOR's over again? or will it be understood at the board my situation, once you read my resume it make a little more sense because I speak to the hand selected position I'm in, and what my duty title means. thanks for the help.

Stear,

My the first officer in my Chain of command is a Navy O-5, which I have his LOR, and then my Battalion equivalent is a Air Force O-6. I work at a Joint Command in a special duty billet. Should I try and find a O-3/O-4 to write these LOR's over again? or will it be understood at the board my situation, once you read my resume it make a little more sense because I speak to the hand selected position I'm in, and what my duty title means. thanks for the help.

I was in a similar situation. The USAREC website has an exception to policy memo that you put between your first two LORs. I had two O6's. I'm going to send you a PM.

I was previous army aviation enlisted and my three LORs were from one of my units majors, a retired Army signal corp LTC, and retired Air Force pilot LTC. Having a senior aviator helps a lots, along with the quality of the LORs.

• Like 1

Don't be discouraged at all. Where you are lacking in a high sift score can be made up else where. Not to be a broken record but I really do believe they focus on the "whole person" concept. Good luck to you.

• Like 1