VOLO_VRGeneral468Helicopter AcademyTigerTugsVRForumGen468UpperLimit2011General_468x60
Photo
- - - - -

How is the professional pilot outlook doing these days?

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#81 pokey

pokey

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
  • Interests:just about anything interesting
  • Company working for:my own

Posted 27 May 2017 - 14:49

You're not well liked here, despite sponsoring the site.  You don't help your case by insulting people you don't know, many of whom are aviation professionals with decades of experience.

That you represent the filth that sullies the bed in which many of us must lay doesn't help your case much either.

Pay-to-play "jobs" in which "employers" sell not to customers but to "employees" are the bane of the industry.  You are not the solution.  You are the problem.  

You've not boosted employees into two hundred thousand dollar helicopter pilot positions, either.

this ain't no popularity contest. Let the man run his business as he chooses. WTF do you think you are to run yer mouth and try to say such slanderous remarks, but yet hide behind your keyboard?

There are 200k helicopter jobs out there, just because you don't have one, you have to be a D'head? 

I'm getting my girl to research all the slander & if it does add up to a hill of beans? well?? there just may be others that i may wish to contact about this.

Let us know who you are bug? better yet? let us show your employer who you are. Up for the challenge?

• takefootoff likes this

#82 takefootoff

takefootoff

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 21:02

Gosh I better pass the FAA academy. I don't wanna have to come back to all this

#83 adam32

adam32

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts
  • Company working for:Just keeping the bills paid!!

Posted 27 May 2017 - 22:11

Not many people agree with or like the AvBug...but, he's completely correct about Boatpix.

Would I ever run an operation like that, nope! But he's doing it successfully and fully legal so...

Make your rifle, your targets worst nightmare!

www.diablocustomrifles.com

#84 r22butters

r22butters

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • Location:Pluto,...at least until the next election :) ,...damn the wifi here is unbelievable!
  • Interests:Admiring the city lights and coastal sunsets from a thousand feet,...when I have the dough. :)

,...oh' yeah, and boobs!
    😕+🍟+🚁+🌃=☺
  • Company working for:Just a happy recreational pilot! :)

Posted 27 May 2017 - 22:15

Gosh I better pass the FAA academy. I don't wanna have to come back to all this

Ah' yes the CFI turned Controller, choose your future,...?

• takefootoff likes this
The only dream I have left is to live long enough to see the pilot shortage. Its been about fourteen years since they first told me it was coming, so,...

Aaaaaaaany day now! :D

#85 takefootoff

takefootoff

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:31

Border Patrol is posting on Jsfirm now, the add spells out incentives and career progression....and now waivers for flight hours and the polygraph.

Very dignified.

#86 Pohi

Pohi

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:13

So you can lie about your flight hours and be ok?

#87 r22butters

r22butters

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • Location:Pluto,...at least until the next election :) ,...damn the wifi here is unbelievable!
  • Interests:Admiring the city lights and coastal sunsets from a thousand feet,...when I have the dough. :)

,...oh' yeah, and boobs!
    😕+🍟+🚁+🌃=☺
  • Company working for:Just a happy recreational pilot! :)

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:53

,...and I can lie about my age!
The only dream I have left is to live long enough to see the pilot shortage. Its been about fourteen years since they first told me it was coming, so,...

Aaaaaaaany day now! :D

#88 ARM_Coder

ARM_Coder

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 13:38

I already had a grim view of Brazil's rotary wing business landscape, now I see that things are quite hard in your neighborhood too.

Before attending the pilot's course, I had the illusion that jobs were easy to get and were *relatively* well paid, even for low time pilots. My mistake. Now I'm sure I will never fly for a living, I will just fly occasionally as a hobby.

Well, I don't regret spending a ton of money and a whole year by any means. In fact I feel grateful that I had the chance to graduate as a pilot. So many people sacrifice a lot and take several years to accomplish that. My deepest respect to them.

Cheers!

• TomPPL likes this

#89 chris pochari

chris pochari

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Helicopters, business, geopolitics, rotorcraft technology, investing, real estate, business opportunities
  • Company working for:RSI

Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:21

According to honeywell only 13% of helicopters sold in 2016 where used for oil and gas. In 2006 it was 10%. So unless honeywell is wrong the vast majority of helicopters ARE NOT used in O&G. So all this gloom and doom about the helicopter dying because of the drop in oil prices, it only affects a small segment. Now I'm the first one to agree offshore is going to disappear as global oil demand peaks due to electric cars and solar/wind. But other segments EMS/tourism/Charter are doing fine and growing steadily. (big private equity corps apparently likes EMS) As far as ag and aerial photography being replaced by drones, that represents a tiny number of helos. Correct me if I'm wrong but most crop dusting is done by fixed wing and not helicopter.

Helicopters are used to transport people and heavy things, drones can't do that. And according to some people the cameras and quality demanded by professional hollywood movies still require the use of helicopters as drones are insufficient. This industry is going through major changes obviously but helicopters will be needed long in the future. Don't forget China and India, 2.67 billion people who have a tiny number of helicopters. Think about it, the US helo fleet is a whopping 14269, with a pop of 320 mil. That's a lot of helicopters! Now China has 764 helicopters for population of 1.37 billion!!, India has 304 helicopters, with a pop of 1.3 billion. Who says these countries won't have the same amount of helicopter per person eventually. The helicopter industry will remain small as helicopters are expensive, and rarely needed. How often do people need a helicopter? Wages will remain low due to supply and demand, everyone wants to be a pilot. What I'd worry about is automation. That's a problem, according to Oxford half of jobs will disappear but 2040. Oh and don't forget offshore wind, might not replace O&G but with all these greenies in Europe they seem to be gorging on wind turbines :P

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

PrecisionVRForumGeneral200Able_VRGeneral200Helmet FX General 200ColoradoHeliOpsGeneral200NFCVRGeneral200Genesys VRForum200_GeneralMidwestHeliAcademy2016DevoreGeneral200MaunaLoaSoftwareVRGeneral200HeliHelmets