1 reply to this topic

#1 DaveC

DaveC

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:18

Currently in Korea on a one-year unaccompanied tour.  I'm looking at buying a SOFA registered collector's car with plans to bring it to the US under the 25 year or older exemption.  I know I won't be able to ship a vehicle at gov't expense on a one year assignment, but is anyone aware of restrictions on shipping a SOFA car back on my own?

See the light, push the button, get the banana.

#2 METT-TC

METT-TC

COM Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Retired Army...jeeps, running, peakbagging (hiking), and a bit of flying

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:45

Unless someone else has done it, they probably won't have the insight. I suggest going by your camp's local legal assistance and/or Transportation office. Getting past the gatekeeper at Trans might be an issue, but I bet there is some old expat/GS there that is somewhat smart on it or knows someone from another office that is (I bet someone on a command sponsored has done such before).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Content Spy

DevoreHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeMidwest Helicopter Academy 200 - 2016ColoradoHeliOpsHome200Genesys VR Forum 200NFCVRForum200HomePrecisionVRForumHome200Helmet FX Home 200