Salary for low hr jobs flying tours in Alaska?

Can't find any info through search or through glassdoor about what a low hour guy flying tours in Alaska would make? Can any guys who started their careers that way offer any good information on going that route vs another method such as ag or the grand canyon?

Any advice & info is appreciated.

EDIT: Reached out to a friend and got my answer about pay up there. Would love to still here about what it's like working up there recently. A lot of the posts talking about it on here are a couple years old. Not sure if I'd move the family up there with me or just go for the season and keep them in the lower 48.

• Like 1

First season keep the family home. Work hard, show your a guy that will get something done, like sweep if there is nothing going on.

If you get noticed and invited to stay on full time then consider that move. Some guys take two seasons to find that full time slot but either way once there, anyone working hard can find more work in AK.

• Like 2

First season keep the family home. Work hard, show your a guy that will get something done, like sweep if there is nothing going on.

If you get noticed and invited to stay on full time then consider that move. Some guys take two seasons to find that full time slot but either way once there, anyone working hard can find more work in AK.

Awesome. Thanks. The AStars seem like a fun bird to fly.

Is there anyone other than temsco?

• Like 1

Juneau has Temsco, Coastal, NorthStar Trekking, and Era. Skagway is Temsco only. Era has some tours in Denali. That's it for the big ones at least, some smaller operators and utility companies do tours as well. There are also non-turbine tours in Valdez and Girdwood, among others.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had a ride last month with Era from Juneau up to the dogsled ride area. They seemed to me to be a very slick operation, well run, disciplined, and the low-time pilot (only had 2,000 hrs) did pretty well. Nice and smooth, not trying to show off or be a cowboy.

They also had at least one female pilot, and the 4 machines on the trip were all clean and smooth.

Edited by Eric Hunt