TigerTugsVRForumGen468Helicopter AcademyVOLO_VRGeneral468UpperLimit2011General_468x60
Photo
- - - - -

Just How Easy is IFR Nowadays!?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 r22butters

r22butters

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • Location:Pluto,...at least until the next election :) ,...damn the wifi here is unbelievable!
  • Interests:Admiring the city lights and coastal sunsets from a thousand feet,...when I have the dough. :)

,...oh' yeah, and boobs!
    😕+🍟+🚁+🌃=☺
  • Company working for:Just a happy recreational pilot! :)

Posted 04 June 2017 - 19:31

Am I the only one who sees the irony in The Bug starting fights with two guys in a thread created by a guy who is on his "ignore" list?
  • pokey and Jaybee like this
The only dream I have left is to live long enough to see the pilot shortage. Its been about fourteen years since they first told me it was coming, so,...

Aaaaaaaany day now! :D

#22 adam32

adam32

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts
  • Company working for:Just keeping the bills paid!!

Posted 04 June 2017 - 19:45

IMC and IFR are different, you idiot.

IMC is a VFR flight that turns into in IFR flight due to idiot pilots...what's IMC when you have a VFR helicopter?

Make your rifle, your targets worst nightmare!

www.diablocustomrifles.com

#23 Hotdogs

Hotdogs

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Company working for:Marines

Posted 04 June 2017 - 20:21

...what's IMC when you have a VFR helicopter?

An emergency.

The type of airspace is irrelevant. Class G is uncontrolled so you can't file IFR in it, however that does not preclude one from going IMC, just like you can in all other airspaces.

Going IMC while flying VFR is largely a contingency that has to be accounted for, and is not because people are idiots. Sometimes you have to fly a departure out of your airfield, cancel IFR, do what you need to do VFR, and then pick up an approach back home. It's rare, but it does happen and people do plan for it. Not exactly on my "to do" list though.

#24 Wally

Wally

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • Interests:Reading's high on the list.
  • Company working for:none

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:44

IMC is a VFR flight that turns into in IFR flight due to idiot pilots...what's IMC when you have a VFR helicopter?

If you have to refer to the gauges to fly the aircraft, you should be IFR. It doesn't matter whether the weather conditions are "VMC" or "IMC". I have been without useful visual reference under clear skies with 3 miles vis. Think flat light situations, for example.

Just a pilot (retired, so I have a LOT of time)...

#25 pokey

pokey

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
  • Interests:just about anything interesting
  • Company working for:my own

Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:30

Am I the only one who sees the irony in The Bug starting fights with two guys in a thread created by a guy who is on his "ignore" list?

they don't call him the 'bug' for nuthin'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Genesys VRForum200_GeneralNFCVRGeneral200PrecisionVRForumGeneral200DevoreGeneral200Able_VRGeneral200HeliHelmetsMaunaLoaSoftwareVRGeneral200Helmet FX General 200ColoradoHeliOpsGeneral200MidwestHeliAcademy2016