SIFT: 52

APFT: 274

Flight Phys: Stamped no waivers

Flight time: None

Military: 10 years, E6 aviation maintainer

LORs: MAJ AH64 pilot

LTC 47 pilot

CW5 47 ME

I was a two time non select in Sept and November 2015, hoping third time around will be better.

• Like 2

Degree: 27 hours; 3.3 GPA,
GT: 116
SIFT: 56
APFT: 283

Waivers: Moral Waiver for an arrest (misdemeanor) when I was 16.

Military: 4 years, E-5(p) 11b (currently at ALC should pick up SSG on 01AUG17)
LORs:

CW4(p) UH-60 pilot

COL Fixed Wing pilot

LTC (BC IN)

CPT (CO IN)

First time applying. Hopefully they select on potential.

Both of you have solid statistics- NCOER's, schools, PME distinguished honor grad, etc.?

I concur about the additional LOR's- not needed; stick to the checklist.

They're short on AD Warrant Officer aviators right now, so as long as there's not major discriminators in your packet I personally would say everything looks good. Good luck to you both.

Solid statistics. The weakest part of my packet, from what I can tell is that I've only been in the military for 4.5 years. I've promoted quickly and done well, but at the end of the day I only have 3 NCOERs.

It will be removed.

I've looked at the last 3 MILPER messages and the selection rates was like 58%-88%

Thanks! If I'm not selected I have 16 more years to convince them!

Solid statistics. The weakest part of my packet, from what I can tell is that I've only been in the military for 4.5 years. I've promoted quickly and done well, but at the end of the day I only have 3 NCOERs.

It will be removed.

I've looked at the last 3 MILPER messages and the selection rates was like 58%-88%

Thanks! If I'm not selected I have 16 more years to convince them!

As far as time in service goes, my buddy got picked up in jan with less than 3 years, and I was just selected in May with just over 3 years. I made E-5 the month before so I had no NCOERs. As long as the NCOERs you have are all good then I would look at that as an advantage.

Both of you have solid statistics- NCOER's, schools, PME distinguished honor grad, etc.?

I concur about the additional LOR's- not needed; stick to the checklist.

They're short on AD Warrant Officer aviators right now, so as long as there's not major discriminators in your packet I personally would say everything looks good. Good luck to you both.

I have most of the common military schools BLC, ALC, CLS, recruiter, armorer, master gunner. My biggest discriminator is my 3 years as a detailed recruiter (was not the type of work I am good at).

Hard to say, gents. I will say this, though: I was a 4-time pass over. I made SSG in 6 years, all 1/1 NCOER's, Distinguished Honor Graduate in ALC, AA Degree with a 3.4 GPA, 120 GT, 55 SIFT, 290 APFT, deployed as a crew chief on Blackhawks, 2 Air medals/CAB etc. Still got passed over.

I finished #2 overall against Active Warrants in my Primary flight school class. I now have my first flight in a Blackhawk from the controls tomorrow morning. If you don't make it, keep submitting. If you really want it, keep submitting- no matter what. When you finally get selected, it will be that much more gratifying and make you appreciate it that much more.

• Like 3

As far as time in service goes, my buddy got picked up in jan with less than 3 years, and I was just selected in May with just over 3 years. I made E-5 the month before so I had no NCOERs. As long as the NCOERs you have are all good then I would look at that as an advantage.

That eases a lot of worry. Thanks for the insight.

Hard to say, gents. I will say this, though: I was a 4-time pass over. I made SSG in 6 years, all 1/1 NCOER's, Distinguished Honor Graduate in ALC, AA Degree with a 3.4 GPA, 120 GT, 55 SIFT, 290 APFT, deployed as a crew chief on Blackhawks, 2 Air medals/CAB etc. Still got passed over.

I finished #2 overall against Active Warrants in my Primary flight school class. I now have my first flight in a Blackhawk from the controls tomorrow morning. If you don't make it, keep submitting. If you really want it, keep submitting- no matter what. When you finally get selected, it will be that much more gratifying and make you appreciate it that much more.

Congratulations on your class rank. What were the options when you chose your helicopter?

I'm hoping for the best and planning for the worst. If I don't get selected I'll keep submitting until I do or ETS; which ever comes first.

Hey all,

I've been reading all these forums for a while and figured it's time I post something. After plenty of waiting I'll finally be making this July board. My stats are as follows

Degree: bachelors of science in natural resources-forestry 3.3 GPA

GT: 128

SIFT: 73

APFT: 287

Flight physical: stamped no waivers

Waivers: moral waiver for misdemeanor when I was 18

Flight time: 45 hours fixed wing, no license yet

Military: none

LORS: Brigadier General

CW5 aviator

CW5 (ret) aviator

CW3 (ret) aviator

It's my first time applying

Hey Y'all,

I've been working my packet for a while now. Trying to go from AD AF to army is more of a pain than I imagined it would be. Almost done with my packet though.

Degree: AS in aerospace maintenance(ccaf)

GT : 129

SIFT: 74

Flight Physical: stamped no waivers

Mil Experience : 9 years USAF,currently E-6 aircraft maintainer

LORs: MOO, Captain - Sq/CC, Lt Col. Waiting on APFT for final LOR.

No waivers.

Also, if any current Army Aviators would be willing to proof read my resume summary I would appreciate it.

• Like 1

Putting my packet together now as a civilian:

Degree: 2.5 GPA BS in Mechanical Engineering
GT : 135
SIFT: 68

APFT: 260 (on practice evals, not yet completed)
Flight Physical: scheduled
Mil Experience : none

Flight Experience: 320 Hours fixed wing commercial license
LORs: Retired Lt Col (aviation), company test pilot, AF 2Lt (former coworker), working on more

Will update as I get things wrapped up.

Degree: 40 hours 3.7 GPA, Biochem major

GT: 138

AFQT: 98

SIFT: 61

APFT: 271

Military: Army 4.5 years 92y, 3/75 ranger, honorable discharge

LORs: MAJ Prior company CO

MAJ prior company CO

CPT prior Company XO

First time submitting my packet. Hopefully it doesn't hurt my packet by not having a WO LOR, but my former chain of command gave me very strong letters that should set my packet apart. We shall see. Good luck to everyone!

Age 29

AA in aviation Operations as well as aviation Maintenance...13 classes left for my B.A.

GT- 110

SIFT 57

AFPT 258

All requisites met

All LORs complete to include a CW5 and CW4 rotary wing pilot

1500 hours as an AF flight engineer on rotary wing aircraft--- AD E-6

I do need a moral waiver for being dumb when I was 16...

I've submitted my packet for the first time, hoping to make this board but I may be behind. Has anyone seen how long it takes to upload and get 'board ready' based off of an error free packet? I'm sure it varies based on the number of applicants at any given time.

Thanks

As of now I'm on orders to 2CR in Vilseck, Germany with a report date of 10AUG2017. From the looks of it we will get the selection results on 26JUL2017.

If accepted will I report to Germany and PCS to Rucker from there or will HRC delete my orders and I'll stay at my current unit until my school date?

Cutting it a little close.

As of now I'm on orders to 2CR in Vilseck, Germany with a report date of 10AUG2017. From the looks of it we will get the selection results on 26JUL2017.

If accepted will I report to Germany and PCS to Rucker from there or will HRC delete my orders and I'll stay at my current unit until my school date?

Cutting it a little close.

I would try and get your orders deferred or deleted using the Milper message showing your selection and the attrs reservation for WOCS.

• 2 weeks later...

So VA finally paid the school i attended and took ground school towards my ppl and just today I received the transcript... I'm heading back to work but I'll doubt s1 will be there after lunch... I'll have to update erb, da61(CCo signature), resume and the deadline for updates is the 3rd... Is it worth it to try and send the updates after the long weekend? Will it go through before the board?

• Like 1

GT: 118

SIFT: 48

APFT: 243

College: 67 credits toward Liberal Studies, prior Law Enforcement Certs

Prior Occupations: Police officer, Police Dispatcher/Jailer, Police Cadet, Salesperson

LORs: 3 Army LTCs, 1 Ret. ARNG. O-3 aviator, 1 CA State Senator, 1 US Congressman

MEPS Pulhes: all 1's.

Flight Medical: Stamped

Military: None

Flight: None

I feel like my packet isn't as strong as your guys' packets. But hey, this'll be my first time and I'm doing what I can. Of course I'm going to keep trying to improve though. Especially my APFT score and my education.

GT: 118

SIFT: 48

APFT: 243

College: 67 credits toward Liberal Studies, prior Law Enforcement Certs

Prior Occupations: Police officer, Police Dispatcher/Jailer, Police Cadet, Salesperson

LORs: 3 Army LTCs, 1 Ret. ARNG. O-3 aviator, 1 CA State Senator, 1 US Congressman

MEPS Pulhes: all 1's.

Flight Medical: Stamped

Military: None

Flight: None

I feel like my packet isn't as strong as your guys' packets. But hey, this'll be my first time and I'm doing what I can. Of course I'm going to keep trying to improve though. Especially my APFT score and my education.

Improve where you can. Doing well on the APFT is entirety within your realm of control, increase that score to 300. Select rates are good, but remain competitive.

• Like 1

I was selected in January this year 2017. You are all strong candidates just follow the USAREC page very closely also it is important to have most of your LORs from senior warrants. I was a first time go but quadruple checked everything! I'm also in the guard so selection process is slightly different.

• Like 1