July 2017 WOFT Board

GT: 118

SIFT: 48

APFT: 243

College: 67 credits toward Liberal Studies, prior Law Enforcement Certs

Prior Occupations: Police officer, Police Dispatcher/Jailer, Police Cadet, Salesperson

LORs: 3 Army LTCs, 1 Ret. ARNG. O-3 aviator, 1 CA State Senator, 1 US Congressman

MEPS Pulhes: all 1's.

Flight Medical: Stamped

Military: None

Flight: None

I feel like my packet isn't as strong as your guys' packets. But hey, this'll be my first time and I'm doing what I can. Of course I'm going to keep trying to improve though. Especially my APFT score and my education.

As others have said before, reduce the number of LORs you submit.

Hey guys,

I was under the impression that the board was running from July 18-22 based on what the usarec website says. My recruiter just told me the board is next week, the 10-14th. Has anyone else been told this? I'm a civilian so I guess the board dates could be different.

Any thoughts?

Taylor

Hey guys,

I was under the impression that the board was running from July 18-22 based on what the usarec website says. My recruiter just told me the board is next week, the 10-14th. Has anyone else been told this? I'm a civilian so I guess the board dates could be different.

Any thoughts?

Taylor

You know, I have no idea either. I asked my recruiter and he said they were being held from July 17-19th this month for Los Angeles county. I saw the same dates you saw on the USAREC website.

You know, I have no idea either. I asked my recruiter and he said they were being held from July 17-19th this month for Los Angeles county. I saw the same dates you saw on the USAREC website.

Dukun8ter,

I'm thinking your recruiter was referring to the civilian portion of the board. Although the board is all duty week, from Monday to Friday, the board typically does civilians Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and active duty the last two days. The advantage for you? As soon as the board had made a decision on your packet, your recruiter will contact you. For the active duty folks, they have to wait until a MILPER message is posted a few agonizing days later. It was so hard reading all the posts from the civilians an the last board post that they had been selected and I knew I had about 2 weeks before I would even know.

As for Taylor, I wish I could tell you what he might be referring to but I was selected on the active duty side. Maybe a civilian could chime in with a better perspective?

Either way, the next two weeks will be long and worrisome. I just worked out like a crazy person to keep my mind occupied on something other than the board. When I found out i was selected, it was the best feeling and totally worth the worry. Good luck both of you!

• Like 1

The board dates on the USAREC site are when the board is held. Unless the board date is changed they only have 1 board for civilians and active duty. Deadlines for civilian and active duty vary but the board is the same. Like it was previously stated civilians packets are reviewed first so I got my call about Tuesday when I was selected in March. Not sure why your recruiter would be saying something different.

As you guys know the board convenes on the 17th. As of today (the 12th) my "application is currently with Proponent and has been in this status since 06 June". When I emailed the proponent I was informed that there are no issues with the packet and that it's just waiting on a signature. I still need a moral wavier. Should I just assume I'm not getting boarded in July or is it normal to cut it this close?

As you guys know the board convenes on the 17th. As of today (the 12th) my "application is currently with Proponent and has been in this status since 06 June". When I emailed the proponent I was informed that there are no issues with the packet and that it's just waiting on a signature. I still need a moral wavier. Should I just assume I'm not getting boarded in July or is it normal to cut it this close?

At this point, all you can do is hope. Just because it hasn't gone through, doesn't mean that you can't make the July board if it is approved. My age waiver literally came in from DA G1 on the Monday the May board convened and it still made it to the May board. Every case is different, though. I didn't know I for sure made the May board until the MILPER message was posted and my name was listed as Fq-s. Good luck!

• Like 1

According to my recruiter I was told...

16/16

GPA-3.3

Sift-60

Gt-128

But at 100% selection it's not like stats matter.

Thanks for the info great to see a great selection rate for the civilian applicants. Now another week of waiting for the AD Milper to release.

Just found this thread so I thought I'd throw my stuff out and see what you guys think.

Degree: 48 hours from credit evaluation towards general degree

GT: 126

SIFT: 76

APFT: 267

Flight Phys: Stamped no waivers

Flight time: None

Military: 7 years E4 in EOD

LORs: 1LT acting commander

Major acting BC

CW5 brigade TACOPS

I'm a first time submission so here's to hoping.

Thanks for your time!

Congratulations everyone! Posted on the May board got FQ-NS, this will be my second look hope I get picked up! Last minute I got deployed to Afghanland and currently still here. All the WO here are very anxious for help in the flight section. I'm 11 bravo so they are wanting soldiers to fly. Hope to see you all soon in Mother Rucker. Be safe and stay vigilant. Please someone message me when they post the results for AD. I am chomping at the bit here.

• Like 1

For you civilians guys, If you know that you have been selected this early in the week does that mean that Rucker has already given you the approval? I was under the impression that the battalion board meets during the week posted on the usarec website, interviews you, gives you the yes, sends their recommendation to Rucker, then Rucker decides if you're selected. Or am I just all wrong?

Degree: 21 Credits Towards Intelligence Operations
GT: 124
SIFT: 68
APFT: 256
Flight Phys: Stamped w/ waiver (approved)
Flight time: None
Military: 6 years, E5 MI

Deployment: SOJTF-A deployment as SOT-B NCOIC; awarded CAB.

Awards: JSCM, JSAM
LORs:

CW5 Director of Flight Standardization for IERW Flight Training at Ft. Rucker/State Aviation Standardization Officer for ALARNG

Pretty anxious to see the results next Wednesday. When I submitted my packet, I was shooting for the September board; however, it got approved within a few days and I will be competing in the current board.

• Like 1