July 2017 WOFT Board

For you civilians guys, If you know that you have been selected this early in the week does that mean that Rucker has already given you the approval? I was under the impression that the battalion board meets during the week posted on the usarec website, interviews you, gives you the yes, sends their recommendation to Rucker, then Rucker decides if you're selected. Or am I just all wrong?

For you civilians guys, If you know that you have been selected this early in the week does that mean that Rucker has already given you the approval? I was under the impression that the battalion board meets during the week posted on the usarec website, interviews you, gives you the yes, sends their recommendation to Rucker, then Rucker decides if you're selected. Or am I just all wrong?

You interview in person with the Battalion board according to your local recruiting BN's schedule. It's different for every BN. If they recommend you, your packet is forwarded to the board at HRC, which is the one that ultimately decides selection on a national level--those are the dates you see on the USAREC website. However, the "packet cutoff" dates you see on there are for those currently active duty, not civilians, so don't mind that. The *general* rule is that for civilians your packet cutoff date is five business days before the board. However that can change.

Degree: 21 Credits Towards Intelligence Operations

GT: 124

SIFT: 68

APFT: 256

Flight Phys: Stamped w/ waiver (approved)

Flight time: None

Military: 6 years, E5 MI

Deployment: SOJTF-A deployment as SOT-B NCOIC; awarded CAB.

Awards: JSCM, JSAM

LORs:

CW5 Director of Flight Standardization for IERW Flight Training at Ft. Rucker/State Aviation Standardization Officer for ALARNG

Pretty anxious to see the results next Wednesday. When I submitted my packet, I was shooting for the September board; however, it got approved within a few days and I will be competing in the current board.

Nice LoR.

I'm starting to get confused with all the dates, but congrats guys! :mellow: I just know that in my area, I have my board interview tomorrow. Anyone else still have their interview coming up?

So this is what I understand so far:

The actual board interview is strictly for recommendation only. The board interview score is added to the rest of your packet to be completed, which is then sent to HRC to be evaluated and selections are made at this level. Right?

I'm starting to get confused with all the dates, but congrats guys! :mellow: I just know that in my area, I have my board interview tomorrow. Anyone else still have their interview coming up?

So this is what I understand so far:

The actual board interview is strictly for recommendation only. The board interview score is added to the rest of your packet to be completed, which is then sent to HRC to be evaluated and selections are made at this level. Right?

Correct

• Like 1

Correct

Well in that case, just got recommended on my board 3/3. The said they're sending my packet to get evaluated by the end of today. And now, just the waiting game and getting into stellar shape. Thanks everyone for all your input/responses to all the WOFT threads.

I was selected, but have not enlisted yet due to confusion about the contract when I went to MEPS. Now that the confusion's been cleared up, I'm planning to go back and get dates for basic and WOCS. Had I enlisted the other day, I would have started basic in November, and WOCS in February. Hopefully, those dates don't get pushed back because of this brief delay.

Does anyone know how quickly WOCS classes fill up?

• Like 1

I'm planning on applying to the next board as long as I get everything put together. Previously tried as a civilian but didn't receive a Aviation Proponent Waiver for a simple Class B misdemeanor (approaching wildlife) in Yellowstone getting charged by a bear. Completely none intentional, but myself and friends charged anyways.

Well this time around I've just got to my first duty station in Hawaii as a 15U. Looking for any pointers and advice on what is needed paperwork wise since the first time around my recruiter did the paperwork.

Stats:

Degree: 2.9 GPA Aviation Major

GT: 126

ASVAB: 91

SIFT: 73

APFT: 300

Flight Phys: Will have soon, previously had one stamped but expired.

Flight time: 40 hours Cessna

Military: E-4, 8 months, AIT Honor Grad, 3 Letters of Achievement

LORs:

W5 Prior Kiowa Pilot

Captain National Guard Blackhawk pilot

Air Force Pilot

Flight instructor

University Aviation professor

Like I said really looking for pointers on what needs to be done to submit for the board. Just now putting my packet back together.

Thanks!

So I had my packet sent to HRC on the 20th, would I be part of this processing cycle for civilians? I haven't heard anything yet and my recruiter is on leave... haha. But congrats to all those selected! :)

The board convened on the 17th and the civilians had results on the 18th, If it was sent on the 20th of July you missed this board.

Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! :( Oh well... I guess it's not too bad. It'll give me a chance to do better on my APFT and a transcript update.

Ho...ly crap so many people got picked up. That is fantastic!! Congratulations everyone! Hopefully the next board will have results like this.

Right! 94 selected if I counted correctly. Insane. Fingers crossed for September!
  • Like 1

Would any other July board selectees care to share their basic training and WOCS dates? My basic training date is in January, with WOCS scheduled for April. This is further out than I had hoped. Does anyone have advice on making it into an earlier class?

I was selected back in May and was originally slotted for the April WOCS as well. With the addition of the new classes this October, they moved me up to those ones. I'm speaking on the active duty side, but you could always contact HRC and ask if they could try and work something out

I was selected back in May and was originally slotted for the April WOCS as well. With the addition of the new classes this October, they moved me up to those ones. I'm speaking on the active duty side, but you could always contact HRC and ask if they could try and work something out

Thanks. Any suggestions on contact info and who to speak to at HRC? I think that there's a WOCS class in February too, but presumably it is filled up.