R22 New Hobbs Meter?

So how can you tell if your R22 has been fitted with the new collective hobbs? Are there two in the aircraft now?

I've noticed a few R22's now with hobbs meters that calculate out to the hundredths, are they the new collective ones?

• Like 2

Some of the ships I've seen have the "MX Hobbs" (collective Hobbs), and it's next to the "Rev Hobbs". Not sure if this is what the factory fresh ones have. All the MX Hobbs I saw are 1/100ths if I recollect correctly (I believe all of the Rev Hobbs on those are 100ths too). Mostly recent overhauls.

Mike

We installed them as a secondary hobbs. Kept the original hobbs and moved it to collective slot so that maintenance logs stayed the same. Put the new hobbs in the rev slot.

Glad they opened up the change. Best flying machines were when they hit that 2200 hour mark. This should really help wih adding some useable time to the machines now.

So one guys has two sitting side by side, one guy has a collective hobbs under the collective, and another guy has the new collectve hobbs where the old one was (in front of the pilots seat is where those always are) and the original (oil light hobbs) under the collective? Alright then.

How do you tell them appart? Are they named on a placard or something?

So one guys has two sitting side by side, one guy has a collective hobbs under the collective, and another guy has the new collectve hobbs where the old one was (in front of the pilots seat is where those always are) and the original (oil light hobbs) under the collective? Alright then.

How do you tell them appart? Are they named on a placard or something?

Go fire it up, sit there for 30 minutes and see which one went up .5...

• Like 1