September 2017 WOFT Board

I applied in 2015 & 2016 and was NC-NS. Now I am applying for the 3rd year in a row.

- GT: 122

- SIFT: 46

- APFT: 294

- Military: 7 years Active Duty Army EOD

- Civilian Education: AS in Aeronautics Degree with a 3.8 GPA / 73 semester hours towards a BS in Aeronautics with a 3.8 GPA

- Flight: No Hours

- Physical: Stamped/No Waivers

- LORS: CO, BC, CW3, and CW4

Are there any Active Army Aviators that are willing to proof read my Summary?

• Like 1

Age - 27

GT - 126

SIFT - 64

APFT - 291

Military - 9 Years Active Duty, SFC, Infantry Senior Drill Sergeant

Civ Ed - 87 semester hours towards a Bachelors in General Studies

Flight Hours - None

Physical - G2G w/stamp, no waivers

LORS - CO, BC, CW4, Air Force LTC

Selection rates have been pretty high recently, hoping for the best. Good luck to everyone!

EDIT: Luke91, outstanding persistence! I'm pulling for you man.

• Like 1

Age - 26

GT - 126

SIFT - 52

APFT - 250

Military - 7years AD SGT

Military ED- Combative 1 and 2, UPL, CLPM, WLC, CLS.

Civ Ed - 33 hours

Flight Hours - 15(now) working on my PPL, should be around 30 come July.

Physical - stamped, no waivers

LORS - CO, BC, CW5

Good Luck to all of you, see you at Rucker!

Applied last year in May/July so here's to round two!

Age-26

GT-115

Sift-52

APFT-256 currently, shooting for 275 by submission deadline

Military 7 years AD SSG, AH64D/E Technical Inspector

Mil Ed WLC, ALC

CIV Ed 39 credit hours towards associates 3.86 GPA

Flight hours- does sim time count?!

Physical Stamped, no waivers (redoing physical though as the one from last submission expires in September)

LORs - Have the CO, BC, and my CW5 letter is In Progress

You guys and your GT scores make me paranoid.

Best of luck to everyone and I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you at Rucker. Let's hope the September board is as kind as the rest of these have been. I'm actually PCSing around the same time the results would come out so I'll be frequenting the forum so I can stay on top of the list while in transit.

• Like 2

after 2 years of trying to put this packet in, I am hopefully; depending on some information, going to try for the September board.

GT:115

SIFT: 51

APFT: 270

Education: 42 credits towards Information Technology 4.0 GPA

Military: 4 1/2 years AD Navy (ABF3)

no flight hours

Flight Physical: had one stamped and no waivers have to redo due to not being able to submit my packet yet.

LOR's: 06 CH-60B, 04 E-2/D-2, 04 E-2/D-2, 03 F/A-18, CW4(RET) UH-60 and working on a CW5 right now

somewhat worried with how low my SIFT was but nothing I can do about it. anywhere else I can strengthen my packet I would love some input on.

• Like 1

after 2 years of trying to put this packet in, I am hopefully; depending on some information, going to try for the September board.

GT:115

SIFT: 51

APFT: 270

Education: 42 credits towards Information Technology 4.0 GPA

Military: 4 1/2 years AD Navy (ABF3)

no flight hours

Flight Physical: had one stamped and no waivers have to redo due to not being able to submit my packet yet.

LOR's: 06 CH-60B, 04 E-2/D-2, 04 E-2/D-2, 03 F/A-18, CW4(RET) UH-60 and working on a CW5 right now

somewhat worried with how low my SIFT was but nothing I can do about it. anywhere else I can strengthen my packet I would love some input on.

I wouldn't worry too much about the sift, a guy I work with got picked up on this last board and he got a 51. Just ensure your packet has structure and reads well. Good luck I have a really good feeling about these next few boards.

First time applicant for Sep board, thought I'd chime in and add my stats to the group. Good luck to everyone.

GT: 129

SIFT: 60

APFT: 276

Military: 7 years AD USAF aircraft mechanic/instructor

Flight hours: 12.4

Physical: stamped

Civ Ed: 2 A.S. Degrees, 68 credits toward B.S. Aerospace Engineering

LORs: CW5, O-6, O-4

Not sure that this is the appropriate place as I'm applying Guard, but I'm targeting the September board for my packet.

GT: 137 (correction for Army)
SIFT: 75
APFT: Haven't formally run one yet est. 250-280
Military: 6+ years USMC Reserves infantry, OEF
Flight hours: 1.7 (probably not worth mentioning)
Physical: In the process
Civilian education: BS Biology 3.2 GPA, 2/3s of the way through my J.D. 3.25 GPA

LORs: O-3(former Plt Commander), O-4 (USMC Pilot/ Law School classmate)

Mike

I have a speeding ticket from 2009 ($470), I've mentioned it but haven't heard anything -- also going guard side though, so who knows. No moving violations since then though.

Mike

• Like 1

- GT: 116
- SIFT: 67
- APFT: 280(+)
- Military: 8 ½ years Active Duty Army Aviation (2007-2016, SSG, honorable discharge)

- Civilian: One year Defense Contractor for Army Aviation.
- Civilian Education: Working towards BS Aeronautics 4.0/78 Hours. Working towards a BS Aviation Maintenance 3.2 GPA/60 Hours. Completed Undergraduate Certificate in Aviation Maintenance Technology Part 65 3.5 GPA. Completed FCC GROL. Working on A&P.
- Flight: None
- Physical: Recently expired. Waiting for recruiter to schedule.

- LORS: O-5(aviator), O-5R(aviator), CW4(aviator), CW4(aviator), CW4R(aviator).

Hoping someone can help me out. I just got my package kicked back because the individual signing my DD Form 368(conditional release) didn't have the authority. I'm AD Air Force and had my Squadron Commander sign off on my release. Any other sister service guys have any input on who the authorizing official should be?

Thats what I'm concerned about as well. EKG, eyes, and all bloodwork is perfect, but I have a rating for my back and knee from prior service. They are 100% now, and I have a report from a sports med doc to that effect. I also have the original report from the imaging (but no imaging) stating no arthritis, no disk degeneration, etc, but I'm hoping it doesnt get kicked back by rucker. If I miss this board the next one for the Guard is spring... so hoping for the best.

Mike

• Like 1

Nomad4life....the release has to get uploaded to VMPF and your CSS can then track it. It will be routed to your functional manager at AFPC. Apply under self service actions, and then separations, you will select entering an officer training program. The USAREC / WO website lists the instructions as well. Mine was initially denied and then I re-submitted and was approved on the second go. If you have any issues I'm more than happy to help.