September 2017 WOFT Board

Right, except the data you are using is titled "Student/Trainee Work-years". The actual "Flying Hours" data box is one page prior which seems to suggest 227,000 hours allocated for the training pipeline.

I just don't see evidence to support 1000+ students being trained to fly annually. Unless the class sizes are increased x2 as I understand they are currently closer to 18-22 per class.

As Dmurry said there is 18-22 per section x 2 per class x 26 ish classes per year, see where I'm going. What experience do you have at Rucker? And what "evidence" are you referring to?

As Dmurry said there is 18-22 per section x 2 per class x 26 ish classes per year, see where I'm going. What experience do you have at Rucker? And what "evidence" are you referring to?

I am looking purely at current and projected board acceptance rates and applicants. There are only six 153A boards in a fiscal year. each board has 10-25 civilians and 15-30 AD. Even if every board has the max amount accepted 25+30 = 55. Ok 55x6= 330. No way rucker is training 1200 new pilots a year. This is simple math you can do on a napkin.

I am looking purely at current and projected board acceptance rates and applicants. There are only six 153A boards in a fiscal year. each board has 10-25 civilians and 15-30 AD. Even if every board has the max amount accepted 25+30 = 55. Ok 55x6= 330. No way rucker is training 1200 new pilots a year. This is simple math you can do on a napkin.

Wow.... Your going to have trouble in flight school, and the Army. But ill gladly point you in the right direction and offer my assistance in the future. You are forgetting about ALL Commisioned officers, you know, LT's, RLO's (OCS, ROTC, Service Academies etc..) as well as National Guard, RLO's and Warrants, and Reserve RLO's and Warrants.... so try again, maybe without the napkin next time. And the boards vary, too much, mine had 60 Active duty FQ-S, not a good metric to go by.

• Like 1

Wow.... Your going to have trouble in flight school, and the Army. But ill gladly point you in the right direction and offer my assistance in the future. You are forgetting about ALL Commisioned officers, you know, LT's, RLO's (OCS, ROTC, Service Academies etc..) as well as National Guard, RLO's and Warrants, and Reserve RLO's and Warrants.... so try again, maybe without the napkin next time. And the boards vary, too much, mine had 60 Active duty FQ-S, not a good metric to go by.

Would you say the majority of 153A are commissioned officers and guard? No?

is it 1 for 1 with WO? Soo screw it, lets say its even the same the amount. Ill raise you 70 extra WO and see your RLOs & Guard. 400 to 400 x 2 = 800. That is still short of 1200.

And how does this have anything to do with my flight school? I hold a Rotorcraft CFI with SEL & MEL addons. This is before ever stepping foot on the Cairns flight line. The only thing I don't have is an instrument instructor's rating and an ATP. So get off your high horse buddy.

Would you say the majority of 153A are commissioned officers and guard?

is it 1 for 1 with WO? Soo screw it, lets say its even the same the amount. Ill raise you 60 extra WO and see your RLOs & Guard. 400 to 400 x 2 = 800. That is still short of 1200.

Well since commissioned officers are 15 series, and ONLY Warrants are 153A's you are kind of right by default on that ha. You are still trying to pull numbers out of your ass. Ive already been through Rucker, and I am telling you what the numbers actually are, but for some reason you refuse to believe it, fine. You'll be the kid that argues with IP's and instructors and after an extended period of time realize you are wrong..... again. Hell when I was in hold for a period of time we had over 100 Warrants, just on HOLD status. not including the active classes, or any of the commissioned folks. The 47 course went from one class every 4 weeks, with 6 students, to one class every 2 weeks with 8-10 students. Obviously they are in the process of making more aviators still. Good luck.

• Like 1

is it 1 for 1 with WO? Soo screw it, lets say its even the same the amount. Ill raise you 60 extra WO and see your RLOs & Guard. 400 to 400 x 2 = 800. That is still short of 1200.

And how does this have anything to do with my flight school? I hold a Rotorcraft CFI with SEL & MEL addons. This is before ever stepping foot on the Carins flight line. The only thing I don't have is an instrument instructor's rating and an ATP. So get off your high horse buddy.

Snap. Let's get along guys! Lol sorry to bring up the topic didn't realize it would get so heated!
  • Like 1

And how does this have anything to do with my flight school? I hold a Rotorcraft CFI with SEL & MEL addons. This is before ever stepping foot on the Cairns flight line. The only thing I don't have is an instrument instructor's rating and an ATP. So get off your high horse buddy.

Not on a high horse, just showing you where you are wrong is all. And congratulations on your ratings, (whose on the high horse now) after the first few days, won't mean too much. But again, good luck.

Well since commissioned officers are 15 series, and ONLY Warrants are 153A's you are kind of right by default on that ha. You are still trying to pull numbers out of your ass. Ive already been through Rucker, and I am telling you what the numbers actually are, but for some reason you refuse to believe it, fine. You'll be the kid that argues with IP's and instructors and after an extended period of time realize you are wrong..... again. Hell when I was in hold for a period of time we had over 100 Warrants, just on HOLD status. not including the active classes, or any of the commissioned folks. The 47 course went from one class every 4 weeks, with 6 students, to one class every 2 weeks with 8-10 students. Obviously they are in the process of making more aviators still. Good luck.

Shows your pettiness as you point the MOS sequence number as proof I was wrong even though you know exactly what I was talking about. I'm not saying you are wrong. I'm just showing you evidence to the contrary and asking you to defend that argument. You seem to be unable to separate your emotions from your posts. Relax.

The good news is, if you are right, that is good for this forum and the Army.

Not on a high horse, just showing you where you are wrong is all. And congratulations on your ratings, (whose on the high horse now) after the first few days, won't mean too much. But again, good luck.

I'll concede the CFI won't help me in Advanced Airframe,BWS, etc. But If you really think It won't help me manipulate a TH-67 or 72, then maybe I made a mistake here. Trust me, I am not going to be that guy who tells everyone in my class and my IPs that I am a big Civvie CFI bow down.

• Like 1

I'll concede the CFI won't help me in Advanced Airframe,BWS, etc. But If you really think It won't help me manipulate a TH-67 or 72, then maybe I made a mistake here. Trust me, I am not going to be that guy who tells everyone in my class and my IPs that I am a big Civvie CFI bow down.

Don't hide it though either, some (not all) of the IP's didn't take kindly to the commercial pilots I had in my class that hid it.

Shows your pettiness as you point the MOS sequence number as proof I was wrong even though you know exactly what I was talking about. I'm not saying you are wrong. I'm just showing you evidence to the contrary and asking you to defend that argument. You seem to be unable to separate your emotions from your posts. Relax.

The good news is, if you are right, that is good for this forum and the Army.

It's not being petty, but you have to realize there is additional students to the 153As is all. And the evidence is in the graduating classes, that occur (on average) every two weeks with approximately 40 students. Hell the Army Aviation Magazing posts a by name list of the classes and new aviators.

• Like 1

Don't hide it though either, some (not all) of the IP's didn't take kindly to the commercial pilots I had in my class that hid it.

I really hope I don't encounter that while I am there. I'll have a hard time hiding it as well, at least on the initial training. Like its going to show in the first hover lol. Maybe ill just act like I have no idea what i am doing and commit some pilot induced oscillations.

But thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

is it 1 for 1 with WO? Soo screw it, lets say its even the same the amount. Ill raise you 70 extra WO and see your RLOs & Guard. 400 to 400 x 2 = 800. That is still short of 1200.

Stop. Just stop. You are embarrassing yourself. If you can't see that, you WILL have trouble in flight school, and Creep wasn't referring to wiggling sticks when he said that. One piece of advice - open your ears and close your mouth.

Just because you "can't see" or "don't see the evidence" doesn't mean that a PROJECTION is impossible. The Army used to have double or triple the current class sizes back in 2010ish. Stop. Don't do the math. You are attempting to apply logic to an Army projection. We are trying to tell you that if the Army is anything, it is predictably unpredictable. You can't napkin-math it.

How many more people who have actually been through the pipeline need to come in here and tell you you're wrong?

• Like 1

Oh, and Creep is a winged Army Aviator, and you're in an Army WOFT forum. So knock off the high horse bullshit, I was also a rotorcraft CFI before the Army. It has zero to do with his reference to trouble in flight school.

Now if this were a civilian aviation forum and Creep was trying to talk like he knew all about some civilian sector projections, I'd tell him the same thing. But time and place, dude. You're in the wrong place to speak from a wealth of experience unless you're giving advice on the aviation portion of the SIFT. And since you're only just picked up for WOFT, this isn't the time. Get some exposure to the Army beyond the recruiter.

• Like 1

Stop. Just stop. You are embarrassing yourself. If you can't see that, you WILL have trouble in flight school, and Creep wasn't referring to wiggling sticks when he said that. One piece of advice - open your ears and close your mouth.

Just because you "can't see" or "don't see the evidence" doesn't mean that a PROJECTION is impossible. The Army used to have double or triple the current class sizes back in 2010ish. Stop. Don't do the math. You are attempting to apply logic to an Army projection. We are trying to tell you that if the Army is anything, it is predictably unpredictable. You can't napkin-math it.

How many more people who have actually been through the pipeline need to come in here and tell you you're wrong?

How big of a rush of self inflating euphoria did you receive once you hit the post button? This ain't mean girls. This was settled already. You really showed me!!

And we both are in the U.S. Army, both of us are pilots. Only one of us is an Army pilot.

This all stemmed from a post regarding data shown in the army's budget titled student/trainee to workload-years (Like some how "workload years" is really just code for training slots a year). which showed an increase to 1200. Like the data I was talking about if you read the thread was actually in support of the potential increase in training hours/and or seats due to budget increases. Then I attempted to understand how the Army is processing 1200 pilots a year yet in the early midst of a pilot shortage. I ended up conceding that I may not have all the data, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to draw conclusions based on what available to me. So in short. Shut the f*ck up

How big of a rush of self inflating euphoria did you receive once you hit the post button? This ain't mean girls. This was settled already. You really showed me!!

And we both are in the U.S. Army, both of us are pilots. Only one of us is an Army pilot.

This all stemmed from a post regarding data shown in a the army's budget titled student/trainee to workload-years. which showed an increase to 1200. Like the data I was talking about if you read the thread was actually in support of the potential increase in training hours/and or seats due to budget increases. Then I attempted to understand how the Army is processing 1200 pilots a year yet in the early midst of a pilot shortage. I ended up conceding that I may not have all the data, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to draw conclusions based on what available to me. So in short. Shut the f*ck up

Pvt. Snuffy yo gon die.

• Like 4

Oh, and Creep is a winged Army Aviator, and you're in an Army WOFT forum. So knock off the high horse bullshit, I was also a rotorcraft CFI before the Army. It has zero to do with his reference to trouble in flight school.

Now if this were a civilian aviation forum and Creep was trying to talk like he knew all about some civilian sector projections, I'd tell him the same thing. But time and place, dude. You're in the wrong place to speak from a wealth of experience unless you're giving advice on the aviation portion of the SIFT. And since you're only just picked up for WOFT, this isn't the time. Get some exposure to the Army beyond the recruiter.

Only just picked up for WOFT? Only experience is the recruiter? This is false. I'm not revealing exactly where I am in the pipeline but I've checked into Rucker.

Again, I'll be the first to defend the intricacies, advantages and differences of military aviation against the civilian world. Just read my post in the civilian forums.

I care about facts & numbers. And, Facts don't care about your feelings

Only just picked up for WOFT? Only experience is the recruiter? This is false. I'm not revealing exactly where I am in the pipeline but I've checked into Rucker.

Again, I'll be the first to defend the intricacies, advantages and differences of military aviation against the civilian world. Just read my post in the civilian forums.

But don't tell me I am going to have a hard time flying what is essentially a bell Jet Ranger and an a Eurocopter EC145 both of which I've flown; the 206 fairly frequently. Like I said, again, AQC and other military courses like BWS will kick my ass.

Thats a shame bud. You seem to have forgotten the core values of what it means to be a Warrant Officer. You should check yourself my friend.
  • Like 1

I care about facts & numbers. And, Facts don't care about your feelings

You don't need to tell us where you are in the process. Your post history reflects that on 8 May 2017, you were still in the application process of WOFT. This places you, at best, post BCT and pre-WOCS. Mayyyybe post-WOCS if you were literally picked up the next week and shipped a week later.

But please, continue speaking about Mean Girls, telling me to shut the f*ck up, and how you're going to destroy Primary with your super stick skillz.