September 2017 WOFT Board

Ft Jackson: Jan 22, 2018

Ft Rucker: Apr 06, 2018

:)

I'm so excited for all you guys, getting more and more anxious about ad results. Fingers crossed the warrant board gods are generous! 100% selection rate for ad sounds overdue!

• Like 2

I'll concede the CFI won't help me in Advanced Airframe,BWS, etc. But If you really think It won't help me manipulate a TH-67 or 72, then maybe I made a mistake here. Trust me, I am not going to be that guy who tells everyone in my class and my IPs that I am a big Civvie CFI bow down.

Byte,

I had about 1,200 hours of commercial flying , CFII, MEII, and so on before I went to Rucker. Other than talking on the radios, after about 50 hours there really wasn't much difference between my grades and the other top performers in class. You have to remember, you will never, ever get 100% on a P-check ride. There have been multi-thousand hour ATP rated GOM pilots that got 96 or 98s, but so too did good students that never flew before the Army. You're graded against a standard, excess knowledge doesn't get you extra points. The Army has very defined boundaries in training as well as in the CABs..you can only show so much skill in a VMC approach, a thousand extra hours won't make it better and by the time you take your P2 check ride everyone will have done so many scripted maneuvers that it's near impossible to screw it up. It also bears mentioning that your performance in flight school is the only place it matters. There's nothing in your IATF (flight records) that says "Honor Graduate".

Army Aviation is also far smaller than you'd think, the folks on the forum will most likely be your peers and superiors for the next decade or so. You sound like a real peach to have in the company, your progression and integration into a flight company has far more to do with how well you get along in the foxhole than Jedi Knight flying skills. The same pilots you chump on here will fly an assault approach, or gunnery profile as well as you by the time you're all PCs, the evaluation system makes sure of it, that's why they call it "standardization:"

Mike-

• Like 2

Byte,

I had about 1,200 hours of commercial flying , CFII, MEII, and so on before I went to Rucker. Other than talking on the radios, after about 50 hours there really wasn't much difference between my grades and the other top performers in class. You have to remember, you will never, ever get 100% on a P-check ride. There have been multi-thousand hour ATP rated GOM pilots that got 96 or 98s, but so too did good students that never flew before the Army. You're graded against a standard, excess knowledge doesn't get you extra points. The Army has very defined boundaries in training as well as in the CABs..you can only show so much skill in a VMC approach, a thousand extra hours won't make it better and by the time you take your P2 check ride everyone will have done so many scripted maneuvers that it's near impossible to screw it up. It also bears mentioning that your performance in flight school is the only place it matters. There's nothing in your IATF (flight records) that says "Honor Graduate".

Army Aviation is also far smaller than you'd think, the folks on the forum will most likely be your peers and superiors for the next decade or so. You sound like a real peach to have in the company, your progression and integration into a flight company has far more to do with how well you get along in the foxhole than Jedi Knight flying skills. The same pilots you chump on here will fly an assault approach, or gunnery profile as well as you by the time you're all PCs, the evaluation system makes sure of it, that's why they call it "standardization:"

Mike-

I am a real peach.

Hell, I had a guy who was a CFI in my class, probably had close to three thousand hours in rotary wing and multi-engine fixed wing.

He failed his selection APFT. That went well.

Yeah because the APFT is the bedrock of Pilot Prowess. Maybe if he didn't have that stupid CFI Lic he would of passed.

Yeah because the APFT is the bedrock of Pilot Prowess. Maybe if he didn't have that stupid CFI Lic he would of passed.

I'm sure he'll come and post on here too about how great of an Army pilot he could be. I bet I'll have just as much fun reading it when I'm actually a pilot and he's still a washout because he couldn't even meet the minimum PT standard. Good times!

The APFT is the bedrock of good soldiering. You're a soldier, Warrant Officer, and pilot - in that order. I won't waste a paragraph on you like the others, but I'll leave you with a nugget. I've worked in defense aviation for nearly 5 years. One of the key takeaways from my time around Army aviation is just how small the community is. Tread lightly.

• Like 1

I'm sure he'll come and post on here too about how great of an Army pilot he could be. I bet I'll have just as much fun reading it when I'm actually a pilot and he's still a washout because he couldn't even meet the minimum PT standard. Good times!

The APFT is the bedrock of good soldiering. You're a soldier, Warrant Officer, and pilot - in that order. I won't waste a paragraph on you like the others, but I'll leave you with a nugget. I've worked in defense aviation for nearly 5 years. One of the key takeaways from my time around Army aviation is just how small the community is. Tread lightly.

your-high-horse.jpg

Absolutely! Helps me clear my palate after going down on your girlfriend all night. She wanted a real pilot.

Thats what separates you from everyone else on here. You're a Pilot while the rest of us are striving to be Aviators. I would like to ask you to refrain from those types of comments on this forum. Please and thank you.
  • Like 2