• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 Nomad4life

Nomad4life

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 18:44

Hoping someone can help me out. I just got my package kicked back because the individual signing my DD Form 368(conditional release) didn't have the authority. I'm AD Air Force and had my Squadron Commander sign off on my release. Any other sister service guys have any input on who the authorizing official should be? 

#22 wheelsup

wheelsup

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 20:00

Physical DQ so now get to start the waiver process.

If you don't mind me asking, what were you DQ'ed for?

I couldn't wait to get my part 2 done, only to find out I have an abnormal EKG.  :o  Just keep moving forward.

• Heliopsmanua likes this

#23 mike0331

mike0331

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:Freedom & 'Merica

Posted 29 June 2017 - 20:48

Thats what I'm concerned about as well. EKG, eyes, and all bloodwork is perfect, but I have a rating for my back and knee from prior service. They are 100% now, and I have a report from a sports med doc to that effect. I also have the original report from the imaging (but no imaging) stating no arthritis, no disk degeneration, etc, but I'm hoping it doesnt get kicked back by rucker. If I miss this board the next one for the Guard is spring... so hoping for the best.

Mike
  • Heliopsmanua likes this

#24 SSpencer

SSpencer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Golf
    Fishing
    Harley's

Posted 29 June 2017 - 21:44

Nomad4life....the release has to get uploaded to VMPF and your CSS can then track it. It will be routed to your functional manager at AFPC. Apply under self service actions, and then separations, you will select entering an officer training program. The USAREC / WO website lists the instructions as well. Mine was initially denied and then I re-submitted and was approved on the second go. If you have any issues I'm more than happy to help.

#25 Heliopsmanua

Heliopsmanua

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 22:20

It was for kidney stones. Had two the last 7 years but never passed them. I got them removed about 2 months ago now. Hopefully having a FAA class 2 physical and a fair amount of flight hours will away the waiver.
  • wheelsup likes this

#26 Heliopsmanua

Heliopsmanua

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 22:21

Also got told waivers are taking about 3-5 months now so that was depressing. Or at least for stones. Fortunately, I'm stationed fairly close to Rucker so getting to do most of it in person and not via email or other correspondence.
  • wheelsup likes this

#27 wheelsup

wheelsup

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:19

Also got told waivers are taking about 3-5 months now so that was depressing. Or at least for stones. Fortunately, I'm stationed fairly close to Rucker so getting to do most of it in person and not via email or other correspondence.

I can understand that for sure. It took me about 3 months of cardio appointments just for the information required for my ETP. There I was 26 years old with a heart monitor on, taking stress tests, getting MRI's, and what not. I like to brag about my stress test because I almost maxed out the machine before it got my heart rate high enough :P

But after I took all the tests I got my ETP in about 1 month.. hopefully yours is just as quick

#28 mike0331

mike0331

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:35

I was reading the aeromed guidelines and it says I may only be an "information only" situation, which would mean I don't need a waiver. I did already receive a waiver to enlist from the Guard which is good, cleared the MEPS physical, etc.

On that note, how long between when Rucker gets the physical and they typically get stamped?

I don't anticipate the flight surgeon up here will be able to get them everything for the next few weeks, and my packet is due Sept 8th (though I guess a pending flight physical is sometimes ok)

Mike

#29 dukun8ter

dukun8ter

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Human intelligence, law enforcement
  • Company working for:Signal Hill PD Dispatcher and Jailer/Civilian WOFT Applicant

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:22

Is this board only for AD applicants?

#30 mike0331

mike0331

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 13:43

Active and Guard(by state) run seperate boards ... Not sure about reserves, however. I just threw my info up since I should be on the September board (for Guard), and I'm otherwise homeless on this forum

#31 WOCDANIELS23

WOCDANIELS23

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Helicopters, Fixed wing, Army Warrant, 153A, AH64-D
  • Company working for:Banner University, AZNG

Posted 30 June 2017 - 20:52

Applied last year in May/July so here's to round two!
Age-26
GT-115
Sift-52
APFT-256 currently, shooting for 275 by submission deadline
Military 7 years AD SSG, AH64D/E Technical Inspector
Mil Ed WLC, ALC
CIV Ed 39 credit hours towards associates 3.86 GPA
Flight hours- does sim time count?!
Physical Stamped, no waivers (redoing physical though as the one from last submission expires in September)
LORs - Have the CO, BC, and my CW5 letter is In Progress

You guys and your GT scores make me paranoid.
Best of luck to everyone and I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you at Rucker. Let's hope the September board is as kind as the rest of these have been. I'm actually PCSing around the same time the results would come out so I'll be frequenting the forum so I can stay on top of the list while in transit.

Dude don't worry about the GT score it's the whole person concept. Have a great summary and strong LOR's from senior warrants you'll be fine. My GT was a 116 and I made it in your chances are very very good . I encourage the PT score to be 275+ honestly I believe that's a major sell point. My past Pt cards were no lower than 275 so I'm sure than helped me! Best of luck!

#32 Bdavidson7

Bdavidson7

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:10

BDavidson,

6 LORs, I guarantee 3 of them won't even get a glance. Prioritize and pare them down to your 3 or 4 most formative.

Mike-

I more or less just got 6 knowing they might not all be looked at but if they see 3 incredible ones and see 3 more great ones that might just give me a little bit of a edge for the board.

#33 Slayydro

Slayydro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 14:10

Age - 26
GT - 117
SIFT - 63
APFT - 298
Military - 7.5 Years Active Duty, SSG, 35M (Human Intelligence/Interrogator)
Civ Ed - 48 S.H. towards B.S. Health & Sports Sciences/3.55 GPA
Flight Hours - None
Physical - Stamped/ETP Granted
LORS - CO, BC, CW5 (CAB's Command Chief Aviator)

Good Luck to Everyone!

• Slayydro likes this

#34 Docness

Docness

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 14:09

- GT: 127
- SIFT: 53
- APFT: 243, working on 270+
- Military: SSG, 11 years TIS
- Civilian Education: working on AA in Science with a 3.7 GPA.
- Flight: +700 non-rated instructor
- Physical: Stamped/No Waivers
- LORS: CW5 waiting on BN and CO

Had to sit on my packet for almost a year due to Security clearance renewal. hopefully I get it in on time.  

• Slayydro likes this

#35 Slayydro

Slayydro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 17:27

Man a year is a long time. I hope it all works out.

• Docness likes this

#36 adriel0491

adriel0491

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:35

- GT: 127
- SIFT: 53
- APFT: 243, working on 270+
- Military: SSG, 11 years TIS
- Civilian Education: working on AA in Science with a 3.7 GPA.
- Flight: +700 non-rated instructor
- Physical: Stamped/No Waivers
- LORS: CW5 waiting on BN and CO

Had to sit on my packet for almost a year due to Security clearance renewal. hopefully I get it in on time.  

WHY? I contacted them because my clearance was taking too long (was on hold 3 address changes in less than 2 years but since the investigation was "open" I was told not to worry abut it and submit as it was and I got accepted and I'm board ready.   

#37 stearmann4

stearmann4

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 14:01

I more or less just got 6 knowing they might not all be looked at but if they see 3 incredible ones and see 3 more great ones that might just give me a little bit of a edge for the board.

#38 stearmann4

stearmann4

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 14:02

It won't give you an edge, pick 3. The board members don't choose the 3 best, we scan 3, you're just using hope as a course of action that we happen to review the most reflective of the bunch.

Mike-

#39 Luofynerd

Luofynerd

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Company working for:U.S. ARMY- AH-64D/E Technical Inspector

Posted 11 July 2017 - 23:23

Dude don't worry about the GT score it's the whole person concept. Have a great summary and strong LOR's from senior warrants you'll be fine. My GT was a 116 and I made it in your chances are very very good . I encourage the PT score to be 275+ honestly I believe that's a major sell point. My past Pt cards were no lower than 275 so I'm sure than helped me! Best of luck!

Yeah my issue is my run ATM. Getting back from a deployment where all you do is lift lift lift you start slacking on the run. I maxed push-ups though and was a few sit-ups away from max I'll get there by the updates deadline I'm running 3 miles every two-three days to bring my time down. In my humble opinion, my resume is very well written, much better than the last one I submitted. While writing it I was reading it as if it weren't me even I am like "there's no way both of these packets are the same person".

#40 RiseUpNation44

RiseUpNation44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Company working for:Infantry, Senior Drill Sergeant

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:39

Luofynerd,

Run more 400s and 800s. 3 mile runs won't really have much of an impact on your 2 mile time. Of course running doesn't hurt, but I promise you more high intensity intervals will drastically improve your run time. Example -- Monday - 6 x 400m, run 1 walk 1. Keep them under 1:20. Tuesday rest, Wednesday 4 x 800m. Run 2 laps, walk 1. Keep them under 3 minutes. Thursday rest - Friday hit up your 3 mile. I used a plan like this when I was training for Ranger School and took my run time from 14:30 to 13:15 in about 4 weeks. Good luck!

BTW -- It's harder than it looks, just push lol.

• Creep0321 and KyleGalloway like this

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (3)

Able_VRHOme200HeliHelmets-VR HomeNFCVRForum200HomeMaunaLoaVRHome200Helmet FX Home 200PrecisionVRForumHome200Midwest Helicopter Academy 200 - 2016ColoradoHeliOpsHome200DevoreHome200Genesys VR Forum 200