September 2017 WOFT Board

Be in shape everyone I repeat! Be in shape last day with my phone goodluck to all of you!!

I've been worried about that. Just pcs to Carson and the altitude is something to get used to with the run. I imagine by the time I get to wocs I'll be running faster than I can here. Running a 15 minute two mile here lol. And they're sending me to the field pretty much for an entire month before clearing. So guess I'll be doing 2 mile dirt runs and push-ups in the grass.
  • Like 1

Stupid question: I'm assuming it suppose to be a regular PCS move, right? No 4187 TDY in route bullshit, right?

Yes. Your RFO (request for orders) will explain everything your personnel management office needs to put in the orders.

Has anyone heard of a deferred PCS for dependents? My family would like to stay in Virginia until the end of May, due to school... not sure how to go about addressing this issue.

I did this when I moved to Benning while my wife was still in college back at Bliss. So you can easily just schedule your movers to come when your wife is ready, I did it months after I reported. However, my BAH still reflected my new location and you will not be authorized barracks or anything. I just got a roommate until she came down here. Hope that helps

• Like 1

I did this when I moved to Benning while my wife was still in college back at Bliss. So you can easily just schedule your movers to come when your wife is ready, I did it months after I reported. However, my BAH still reflected my new location and you will not be authorized barracks or anything. I just got a roommate until she came down here. Hope that helps

Thanks for that information!

So I talked to finance as far as BAH goes... they told me that if I can somehow get deferred travel for dependents added to my orders, then I can submit a BAH Waiver through them and we would get BAH for Virginia (since it is a higher rate). Do you know anything about that?

I may have to try to find a roommate for a couple of months to save some money, like you mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question for any of you are are familiar with this. I have had a TS/SCI for about 8 years now and my TS is good for another 4 years. I know Aviation only requires us to have a Secret unless we are apart of a unit that requires us to have more. My question is will I be able to keep my TS after my next PR 4 years from now or will it be downgraded to a Secret to align with my new profession?

Quick question for any of you are are familiar with this. I have had a TS/SCI for about 8 years now and my TS is good for another 4 years. I know Aviation only requires us to have a Secret unless we are apart of a unit that requires us to have more. My question is will I be able to keep my TS after my next PR 4 years from now or will it be downgraded to a Secret to align with my new profession?

I'm pretty sure we were briefed you get to keep it... where's adriel he should know...

• 10 months later...

Just a heads up this is the September 2017 board thread. However based on the previous civilian board with close to 100% and the fact that I only have an associates with 40 flight hours (All from Army Primary flight school). I can say you should be alright.