September 2017 WOFT Board

My run was bad. I typically have been running the 2 miles in 14:30 or so... I ran it in 16:30 the other day. I was a bit under the weather and it was in the middle of the afternoon, but nonetheless I was disappointed in myself.

Mike

• Like 1

My run was bad. I typically have been running the 2 miles in 14:30 or so... I ran it in 16:30 the other day. I was a bit under the weather and it was in the middle of the afternoon, but nonetheless I was disappointed in myself.

Mike

Rule #76, no excuses play like a champion!

• Like 1

I submitted my packet EOM June and I'm still not board ready. I get told Proponent for review every time I request an update. I'm somewhat concerned seeing that some folks are already showing 'board ready'. How many people are still waiting?

AD Air Force E-6 with 1,400 hours as a FE

My packet met all requisites but I did require a moral waiver from 14 years ago.

• Like 1

SSpencer,

I am in the exact same situation. I submitted mine June 21st, and have a moral waiver submitted for a speeding ticket over $250 from when I was 16. My packet is still "with the proponent for review". Last time I emailed them I asked for more info and he said they have no way of knowing more until proponent releases final disposition (for the waiver), which will happen just before the board convenes. Hope that helps.

• Like 2

Gentlemen/Ladies,

I have been seeing a decent amount talk about your APFT scores and more in specific to the run. I consider myself a pretty good runner, I was able to max out my run time at 12:44. The key to lowering your run time is sprints but with active recovery between sprints. For example please see below.(Active Recovery is a slow-mid jog)

200-meter sprint then immediately start active recovery for 200 meters then sprint again.

400-meter sprint then immediately start active recovery for 200 meters then sprint again.

600-meter sprint then immediately start active recovery for 200 meters then sprint again.

800-meter sprint then immediately start active recovery for 400 meters then sprint again.

1000-meter sprint then immediately start active recovery for 400 meters then sprint again.

I used to think running 6 plus miles would lower my run time, it didn't it until I began doing sprints like so.( Trust me it will suck but it's the most efficient way to get faster)

Here a couple track workouts you guys can try.(Of course please adjust to your level)

200 X 8 (Active recovery between each 200)

or

400 X 8 (Active recovery between each 200)

or

a ladder

200(then active rest 200m), 400(then active rest 200m), 600(then active recovery 200m), 800(then active recovery 400m), 1000(then active recovery 400) and finally you work your way down after the 1000m.

If you can run with a watch to monitor your pace great or even better have a friend time you for each sprint and let you know your time.

Also, don't think you need to run every day. Two times week will take you a long way and one day you can make it long distance run at a comfortable pace.

Please let me know if you have any questions in regards to this.

David

• Like 2

Gentlemen/Ladies,

I have been seeing a decent amount talk about your APFT scores and more in specific to the run. I consider myself a pretty good runner, I was able to max out my run time at 12:44. The key to lowering your run time is sprints but with active recovery between sprints. For example please see below.(Active Recovery is a slow-mid jog)

200-meter sprint then immediately start active recovery for 200 meters then sprint again.

400-meter sprint then immediately start active recovery for 200 meters then sprint again.

600-meter sprint then immediately start active recovery for 200 meters then sprint again.

800-meter sprint then immediately start active recovery for 400 meters then sprint again.

1000-meter sprint then immediately start active recovery for 400 meters then sprint again.

I used to think running 6 plus miles would lower my run time, it didn't it until I began doing sprints like so.( Trust me it will suck but it's the most efficient way to get faster)

Here a couple track workouts you guys can try.(Of course please adjust to your level)

200 X 8 (Active recovery between each 200)

or

400 X 8 (Active recovery between each 200)

or

a ladder

200(then active rest 200m), 400(then active rest 200m), 600(then active rest 200m), 800(then active rest 400m), 1000(then active rest 400) and finally you work your way down after the 1000m.

If you can run with a watch to monitor your pace great or even better have a friend time you for each sprint and let you know your time.

Also, don't think you need to run every day. Two times week will take you a long way and one day you can make it long distance run at a comfortable pace.

Please let me know if you have any questions in regards to this.

David

. I'll go ahead and ask the dumb question but what is an Active Recovery/ Rest?

Not a dumb question, ignore the active rest that was a typo on my part and I fixed it.

Active recovery is a slow-mid jog after each sprint, most people do a sprint and stand still after it for a minute or however long. Active rest will keep a constant heart rate between each sprint and keep the blood and fluids moving. It also helps build endurance at the same time because you never stop moving.

Get some friends together and get it going. Some friendly competition will bring out more in you I guarantee it.

Be sure to run with ppl faster than you.

Not a dumb question, ignore the active rest that was a typo on my part and I fixed it.

Active recovery is a slow-mid jog after each sprint, most people do a sprint and stand still after it for a minute or however long. Active rest will keep a constant heart rate between each sprint and keep the blood and fluids moving. It also helps build endurance at the same time because you never stop moving.

Get some friends together and get it going. Some friendly competition will bring out more in you I guarantee it.

Be sure to run with ppl faster than you.

Thank you for the quick reply and the information!

I, unfortunately, will not be on this board. I still working on my medical waivers. Took the doctor almost 2 months to get back to me and tell me what I need to get done for the waivers.

Did anyone here need to get any medical waivers?

Fortunately no, waiver free. I hope you get everything squared away. Now is as good a time as any to apply. There's always November.

I, unfortunately, will not be on this board. I still working on my medical waivers. Took the doctor almost 2 months to get back to me and tell me what I need to get done for the waivers.

Did anyone here need to get any medical waivers?

I have a medical waiver for ADHD. From what I'm understanding medical waivers are backed up and are taking longer then expected to be reviewed/ approved. Mine to 6 months.

I have a medical waiver for ADHD. From what I'm understanding medical waivers are backed up and are taking longer then expected to be reviewed/ approved. Mine to 6 months.

6 months?! Jesus when you supposed to be boarding?