September 2017 WOFT Board

I am also considering getting out and applying as a civilian, but before I decided what I am going to do I am going to seek some counsel from a couple of Warrant Officer that I know. I only have 4 months left in my enlistment, I am able to extend or re-enlist but I will only do so if I get the medical stamp of approval within the next couple of months.

I was able to talk to someone on the medical staff at Fort Rucker and they will expedite my packet as soon as I can get it up there. Right now I am running around doing appointments for a concussion I had 5 years ago(I didn't even pass out) my head just hurt for 2 days and I was fine. I also hurt my lower back in 2013 performing dead lifts, I have never been on a profile because of that injury. I have always scored pretty on my Air Force PT test and my latest I was able to score a

perfect score to include maxing out the Army's PT standards. This whole process is frustrating but I am going to keep on trucking along until I receive a letter saying I am DQ.

I am also considering getting out and applying as a civilian, but before I decided what I am going to do I am going to seek some counsel from a couple of Warrant Officer that I know. I only have 4 months left in my enlistment, I am able to extend or re-enlist but I will only do so if I get the medical stamp of approval within the next couple of months.

I was able to talk to someone on the medical staff at Fort Rucker and they will expedite my packet as soon as I can get it up there. Right now I am running around doing appointments for a concussion I had 5 years ago(I didn't even pass out) my head just hurt for 2 days and I was fine. I also hurt my lower back in 2013 performing dead lifts, I have never been on a profile because of that injury. I have always scored pretty on my Air Force PT test and my latest I was able to score a

perfect score to include maxing out the Army's PT standards. This whole process is frustrating but I am going to keep on trucking along until I receive a letter saying I am DQ.

routing for you brothaman
  • Like 1

I, unfortunately, will not be on this board. I still working on my medical waivers. Took the doctor almost 2 months to get back to me and tell me what I need to get done for the waivers.

Did anyone here need to get any medical waivers?

I had an abnormal EKG, ended up putting in 3 waivers all regarding the heart. I thought for sure that I was getting DQ'd but sure enough, 3 months later I received the exception to policy and my flight physical was granted.

Just keep at it, I was in the same boat with the same attitude. It's good to try think realistically but it'll drive you insane with all the possible outcomes.

• Like 1

My recruiter informed me that there is a set amount of time you have to take the APFT, about a year. Afterwards you have to redo your entire packet?? Is this at all true?

No? Your APFT is only valid for 6 months, in terms of validity for board reasons. This dude is misinformed or believes you were born yesterday. Next he will say, they got rid of WOFT and you need to enlist and go eleven bang bang to apply now.
  • Like 2

No? Your APFT is only valid for 6 months, in terms of validity for board reasons. This dude is misinformed or believes you were born yesterday. Next he will say, they got rid of WOFT and you need to enlist and go eleven bang bang to apply now.

Yea he already tried the just "Enlist and put a packet in as a private." I truly appreciate this forum, it has been a gold mine of information.

I had my battalion board interview a few weeks ago and received a full 3/3 recommendation. I had two captains and a major interview me and it went well. Their notes about me were very very generous and kind so I'm psyched! Now I just have to wait. My score was 71/75 which I wish was a full 75/75 and I don't know why it wasn't 75/75 but it makes you feel insecure like that time when your girlfriend breaks up with you but never really tells you why so you just question yourself endlessly and get self conscious about your own flaws....not saying that ever happened to me though...

• Like 2

I had my battalion board interview a few weeks ago and received a full 3/3 recommendation. I had two captains and a major interview me and it went well. Their notes about me were very very generous and kind so I'm psyched! Now I just have to wait. My score was 71/75 which I wish was a full 75/75 and I don't know why it wasn't 75/75 but it makes you feel insecure like that time when your girlfriend breaks up with you but never really tells you why so you just question yourself endlessly and get self conscious about your own flaws....not saying that ever happened to me though...

I'd say a 71/75 to me looks better than a 75/75! It seems more fair and impartial, whereas a 75/75 is like "we checked the block, and didn't really care to properly assess the candidate so we just gave him perfect scores" I think you'll be fine ;)
  • Like 2

Almost September! Anxiety.

Hahaha same! Been working on my packet since Nov 2015. Coincidentally, I just got sworn in for a LEO job. I know my goal is WOFT, no questions asked... but I kinda feel bad for the hiring agency. However, I did tell them I was processing for WOFT. I don't think they took it seriously when I told them lol.

Hahaha same! Been working on my packet since Nov 2015. Coincidentally, I just got sworn in for a LEO job. I know my goal is WOFT, no questions asked... but I kinda feel bad for the hiring agency. However, I did tell them I was processing for WOFT. I don't think they took it seriously when I told them lol.

Theyll take it seriously when your walking out the door for the chance of a lifetime.
  • Like 1

Theyll take it seriously when your walking out the door for the chance of a lifetime.

That's exactly how I see it. Flying for the Army has been my dream since my parents made it here during the Cambodian genocide.

I'd say a 71/75 to me looks better than a 75/75! It seems more fair and impartial, whereas a 75/75 is like "we checked the block, and didn't really care to properly assess the candidate so we just gave him perfect scores" I think you'll be fine ;)

Thanks. That definitely makes me feel better about it and makes a good bit of sense too. It seems like most people from the July board found out the day after USAREC selection board started so here's to hoping that we all find out around the 19th.

Thanks. That definitely makes me feel better about it and makes a good bit of sense too. It seems like most people from the July board found out the day after USAREC selection board started so here's to hoping that we all find out around the 19th.

Must be nice I probably won't find out for weeks considering I'm AD Marine and don't have access to MILPER

Best of luck to all you September applicants! It is a long road and the light is almost here!!!

To anyone who may be missing this board jist keep your head up and check off whatever needs to be done to get in the next one. I originially had aimed for the November 2016 board. Finally hit it March of this year. Ship out September 25th!

I feel ya. This is my second time applying. I've been actively engaged since 2015 when I failed my flight physical. Got prk. Two board non select, year wait deployments etc, third board!

• Like 3

I feel ya. This is my second time applying. I've been actively engaged since 2015 when I failed my flight physical. Got prk. Two board non select, year wait deployments etc, third board!

That's resilience at its finest hope you get selected man!

• Like 1

So I'm a little confused. I see a lot of y'all have submitted your packets already and got word back that it's board ready. I don't have to submit it way before the due date do I? I figured that's what I due date was. Last chance to submit it.

I have a CWO5 looking at my packet now making sure it's all good to go but with the Irma coming he has been busy so it's taking some time. I'll have it in before the date but I'm not messing up my chances by submitting it so close to the due date?

So I'm a little confused. I see a lot of y'all have submitted your packets already and got word back that it's board ready. I don't have to submit it way before the due date do I? I figured that's what I due date was. Last chance to submit it.

I have a CWO5 looking at my packet now making sure it's all good to go but with the Irma coming he has been busy so it's taking some time. I'll have it in before the date but I'm not messing up my chances by submitting it so close to the due date?

The packet deadline was July 21st, the board runs 18-22 Sep. I have seen people submit after the deadline and make the board, but I would guess it's way too close man. The deadline for the November board is 22 Sep.

Civilian deadline is a lot later than the active duty deadline. If you fall into the civilian category I'd imagine it won't hurt your chances none. If you're active duty I believe you would not be boarding in September if you didn't submit by the AD deadline of 22 Jul or whatever it was :P

• Like 1