September 2017 WOFT Board

From my expierence.... if you have any waivers, bank on them taking the full processing time. Also pay attention to your PT test dates and make sure it's as recent as possible so that it doesn't expire while awaiting proponent review / waiver approval.

Blind leading the blind.

• Like 1

I'm not sure when we'll get back results from selection next week but as a civilian, I dont have any access to check the results other than waiting to hear from someone at my recruiters office and I dont want to bug them too much. When the results come in, would anyone be willing to check to see if my name is on the list? It would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

I'm not sure when we'll get back results from selection next week but as a civilian, I dont have any access to check the results other than waiting to hear from someone at my recruiters office and I dont want to bug them too much. When the results come in, would anyone be willing to check to see if my name is on the list? It would be greatly appreciated.

Basically if the list gets given to a civilian applicant that's about the only way you could have another civilian check for you. The active duty list does not have civilians on it. They send the results to the respective recruiting battalions, which get distributed downwards to your recruiter. To my knowledge they do not "post" the civilian board results anywhere. I may be mistaken though.

Civilian here, a lady at my BN interview told me that the September board was cancelled back in July, but I thought she was wearing crazy pants. However, I just got a text from my recruiter saying that this board is cancelled and I will be on the November board instead.

Is the board cancelled for civilians?

Thank you

Civilian here, a lady at my BN interview told me that the September board was cancelled back in July, but I thought she was wearing crazy pants. However, I just got a text from my recruiter saying that this board is cancelled and I will be on the November board instead.

Thank you

I hope not, I'm not seeing any announcements on the usarec page.

Thank you

I haven't heard anything of the sort. According to my recruiter, it sounds like it's still happening.

Thank you

Yeah I'd call one of the WO recruiting contacts. Bubble boy here at mother rucker. Word is: everyone is full of sh!t.

They will probably be a little startled a civilian is calling them, but I'm sure they'd be more than happy to confirm or deny board dates/cancellations. Worked for me.

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/WOassistance.shtml

Thank you for the advice, I will call in the morning.

Any idea on to what they would be able to do after they tell me that the board is still going and I am not on it?

Thanks again

Look dude, I can only speak for what happened with my process. But I literally was one of those guys that went in as an innocent soft spoken virgin and after suffering the WOFTing meat grinder for 13 months (After Boarding & Before even going to BCT) I came out a cynical bastard lol.

Jokes aside, If you find out in fact that the board is still going on, You should respectfully confront your recruiter about it, if you get a better explanation than just "its cancelled" take it at face value (Like if Battalion is playing puppet master). But, If he or she gets dodgy with you, 1st Sgt would be the next stop (use this sparingly, it is the nuclear option).

95% of recruiters are decent people who usually for better or worse honestly don't understand the process very well because the Army failed to teach them or incentivize it. Others genuinely hope you just go away if they screw with you enough because they are really busy (total BS) or don't care to do the extra work.

You are ultimately responsible for your packet. I'd double triple quadruple check the electronic file to make sure every form is filled out, every stamp is made and all parts align before submission aswell.

If you need some more help feel free to PM me. I try not to openly criticize the Big Green to often.

Thank you. I have a good feeling about this next board!

Yeah you should be fine. I'm in the guard and heard from some people that active duty is hurting for pilots right now and everything is in reverse. Active duty has all the aircraft no pilots while Guard/Reserve have tons of pilots no aircraft because Active duty has taken majority of them back. And selection rates are in the 90% from another Chief I spoke with. As long as you have everything lined up correct you're good to go man no better time to get into aviation with all thats going on. So many aviators retiring or ETS'ing early because all these bonuses regionals are offering for military pilots. I've heard for every 1 pilot that graduates Flight school 2 retire the same day, so take that for what it is whether factual or not definitely would ease my mind a little if I were going through this selection process.

• Like 1

Yeah you should be fine. I'm in the guard and heard from some people that active duty is hurting for pilots right now and everything is in reverse. Active duty has all the aircraft no pilots while Guard/Reserve have tons of pilots no aircraft because Active duty has taken majority of them back. And selection rates are in the 90% from another Chief I spoke with. As long as you have everything lined up correct you're good to go man no better time to get into aviation with all thats going on. So many aviators retiring or ETS'ing early because all these bonuses regionals are offering for military pilots. I've heard for every 1 pilot that graduates Flight school 2 retire the same day, so take that for what it is whether factual or not definitely would ease my mind a little if I were going through this selection process.

Yeah recalling the entire 64 fleet from Guard to Active was surprising.

According to the flyer they are supposed to give us our interview times for next Wednesday by today for the Guard. "At least 7 days prior" was what the packet instructions said. I figure if I don't get a call or email with additional info today, I'll email the WOSM tomorrow. I am expecting an interview based off who I talked to when setting up the packet, just waiting for a confirmation on the time.

Mike

For you civilian guys out there, have any of you been told of potential basic training dates for if you are selected? I know thats a recruiter question, and I've asked on multiple occasions and he either really doesn't know or doesn't care to try and look. Boards are on a consistent basis, so im sure at least the board memebers have an idea of when/where you're headed if selected. Just wanted to know if theres any info out there....

Collin

Collin, it depends mainly on WOCS classes for when you will ship out to basic. Most people I enlisted with after being accepted in March were shipping out a month or two after swearing in. I had to wait 6 months because the next avalible WOCS class at the time wasnt until January. However the guy I took the SIFT test was acccepted in the previous November board and left in in about January. Hopefully your wait won't be as long!

• Like 1

Heard today the guard board is being pushed back to October. Oh well. Semper gumby as they say

Welcome to the army haha that really sucks but usually how things roll. You're preparing for orders or a board and it's always pushed back due to some shenanigans it's the worst I definitely understand your pain haha I was selected January still haven't left for flight school just "Hurry up and wait", no truer statement sigh....

• Like 1