AGUSTA A109K2 EXTERNAL FUEL KIT

Is anybody awere of a kit that is attached elbowlike on the refueling pad and sticksout externaly allowing some extra quantity of fuel.

With the additional drag you may consume that extra fuel anyway.

However i would like to know if any P-21 organization can work on that to issue an STC.

• Like 1

It's pretty rare to see commercial civil helicopters with external fuel tanks like Military helicopters have, I'm pretty sure the black hawk, cobra and apache have large tubes hanging on the side to store fuel. But they are uncommon on civilian helicopters. Usually when people want more range they just add fuel tanks inside the passenger compartment. You can remove the seats and install extra tanks, but remember all that extra fuel reduces your payload. If you are interested in auxiliary fuel tanks I would check these out

http://www.dartaerospace.com/d350-794-111-airbus-auxiliary-fuel-tank

http://www.zodiacaerospace.com/en/internal-auxiliary-fuel-tanks

Chris, it is very common on any B206 or L made before the mid-90s to have a range extender. The filler opening was originally set below the top of the tank, so you could only fill to the bottom of the opening and have an air space above the fuel.

With the elbow-shaped range extender, with the filler hole now above the top of the tank, you could fill the tank completely.

Bell listened to the clients, and built the newer models with a higher filler cap, so no more draggy range extender.

Chris, it is very common on any B206 or L made before the mid-90s to have a range extender. The filler opening was originally set below the top of the tank, so you could only fill to the bottom of the opening and have an air space above the fuel.

With the elbow-shaped range extender, with the filler hole now above the top of the tank, you could fill the tank completely.

Bell listened to the clients, and built the newer models with a higher filler cap, so no more draggy range extender.

Yeah that sounds like what the OP wants.

I've never seen one on an Agusta product.

Yeah that sounds like what the OP wants.

I've never seen one on an Agusta product.

http://www.aero-access.com/products/Bell-206-Series%2540c-OH%2540d58%2540c-Range-Extender%2540andreg%253b-Locking-Fuel-Cap.html?product_id=16368 Very interesting, never seen one of these before. It doesn't seem like it adds much range though! Those auxiliary tanks I linked add substantial range, 25%

Early B206's had 75gl tanks, increased to 96.7gl with the extender referenced in the above post. That's almost a 30% increase on the original fuel capacity, adding a considerable amount of mission flexibility for a small investment.

http://australianfuelcells.com.au/extended-range-fuel-tank-systems/ Just found this pretty cool setup for the 407