1 reply to this topic

#1 Dakka

Dakka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 19:44

Hey guys,

I'm completing my time with the Air Force later this year and intended on using my GI-Bill to go to a school for PPL-CFII+. Once I read into it a bit I found out all the schools I was interested in (and likely all the others that are VA approved) require a second class cert to begin. I was born with amblyopia, correctable to 20/25. Not a big deal it seems, many pilots fly for a living with way worse. I can get my first/second class by taking a flight medical exam for a SODA. But of course I can't do that without my PPL in the first place. Back to square one. I figure I'm going to be stuck fronting the bill for my PPL so I can get medically qualified to attend school. Anyone else seen this situation? Know of a VA approved school that I only need my third class for?

#2 ridethisbike

ridethisbike

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, helicopters (duh), and the great outdoors

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:19

Who told you that you need to have your PPL before you can get your medical??? Quite the contrary, as a matter of fact. You can't get your PPL unless you already have a medical certificate. Look up an AME in your area, schedule the appointment, complete the online FAA application (required to complete the medical exam) and make it happen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

UNDVRFTForum200Hillsboro2014_200VRFTRorumArkansas Helicopters VR FT200VOLO_VRFT200702HeliVRFT200JerryTrimbleGuidanceVRFTForum200MidwestHeliAcademy2016Precision_FTForum200RPMN Mag Banner