TigerTugsVRForumGen468UpperLimit2011General_468x60Helicopter AcademyVOLO_VRGeneral468
Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Will eVTOL take over the commercial small-helicopter market?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 TomPPL

TomPPL

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Company working for:My Own

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:48

I've just read this, hot off the press:

http://newatlas.com/...xi-dubai/51492/

#22 Eric Hunt

Eric Hunt

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:01

Wait until you see the first lot of Yoo-Choob videos of drunks and teenagers filming themselves standing on the skids as it buzzes through the skies of Dubai. 

Might need some doors. And a SERIOUS air-con system, which just might reduce the battery life and add some weight.

• TomPPL likes this

#23 TomPPL

TomPPL

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Company working for:My Own

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:29

Heres another one testing out for the European market - this one also shows a manned flight test:

http://newatlas.com/...ying-taxi/51539

• voyagerB likes this

#24 voyagerB

voyagerB

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:To VTOL or not to VTOL
  • Company working for:independent consultant in mobility issues

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:44

That's the Volocopter recipe (German). The Passenger Drone (that's what it's called) is Swiss engineered and made, Peter Delco (interesting name) being its founder.

170928-passenger2-630x378.jpg

• TomPPL likes this

#25 chris pochari

chris pochari

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Helicopters, business, geopolitics, rotorcraft technology, investing, real estate, business opportunities
  • Company working for:RSI

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:57

I think a lot of pro electric aircraft people just don't understand chemistry. If batteries were better than pistons/turbines we'd have seen combustion engines scrapped a long time ago. Don't believe any of the hype about batteries becoming more efficient, they increase in energy density about 1%/yr. So at that rate we could see batteries become competitive with fossil fuels around 2090, unless someone invents a more efficient battery. 

#26 voyagerB

voyagerB

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:To VTOL or not to VTOL
  • Company working for:independent consultant in mobility issues

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:15

I think a lot of pro electric aircraft people just don't understand chemistry. If batteries were better than pistons/turbines we'd have seen combustion engines scrapped a long time ago. Don't believe any of the hype about batteries becoming more efficient, they increase in energy density about 1%/yr. So at that rate we could see batteries become competitive with fossil fuels around 2090, unless someone invents a more efficient battery. 

I tend to agree with you. The most astonishing example of winning over investors with a flawed idea (according to experts) is Lilium that received a $90 million infuse recently. See my earlier posting. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Helmet FX General 200PrecisionVRForumGeneral200DevoreGeneral200Able_VRGeneral200Genesys VRForum200_GeneralNFCVRGeneral200HeliHelmetsColoradoHeliOpsGeneral200MaunaLoaSoftwareVRGeneral200MidwestHeliAcademy2016