Helicopter AcademyTigerTugsVRForumGen468VOLO_VRGeneral468UpperLimit2011General_468x60
Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Resource of CFI statistics

Rotary CFIs by year Number of CFIs per year Rotary CFI attempts per year Successful CFIs per year

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 psmarvalous

psmarvalous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 22:21

Hello,

I'm doing research on Rotor wing CFI's. 

Would anyone know if there is a resource that list the number of CFI attempts per year?  How many CFI's are in the USA/Globally.  What is the projected attempts for obtaining a CFI certificate in the coming years?

Thanks! 

• TeoerryNug likes this

#2 r22butters

r22butters

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Location:Pluto,...at least until the next election :) ,...damn the wifi here is unbelievable!
  • Interests:Admiring the city lights and coastal sunsets from a thousand feet,...when I have the dough. :)

,...oh' yeah, and boobs!
    😕+🍟+🚁+🌃=☺
  • Company working for:Just a happy recreational pilot! :)

Posted 17 July 2017 - 13:50

Back in the day (oh' maybe ten years ago or so) when CFI factories were EVERYWHERE, pumping out fresh double-i's like tic-tacks, and 80k student loans were as easy to get as a $1 double cheeseburger, this would have been a really interesting question!

Edited by r22butters, 17 July 2017 - 13:52.

The only dream I have left is to live long enough to see the pilot shortage. Its been about fourteen years since they first told me it was coming, so,...

Aaaaaaaany day now! :D

#3 psmarvalous

psmarvalous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 00:11

I assume the industry is in decline based on my finding.

#4 r22butters

r22butters

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Location:Pluto,...at least until the next election :) ,...damn the wifi here is unbelievable!
  • Interests:Admiring the city lights and coastal sunsets from a thousand feet,...when I have the dough. :)

,...oh' yeah, and boobs!
    😕+🍟+🚁+🌃=☺
  • Company working for:Just a happy recreational pilot! :)

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:17

I assume the industry is in decline based on my finding.

Well these guys seem to be holding on to the pilot shortage thing,...but I think they're only talking about HEMS?

http://originalforum...2452803#2452803
The only dream I have left is to live long enough to see the pilot shortage. Its been about fourteen years since they first told me it was coming, so,...

Aaaaaaaany day now! :D

#5 takefootoff

takefootoff

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:53

Wow, those guy's sound like a bunch of dorks over on that other forum

#6 psmarvalous

psmarvalous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:25

So far other than paying for the Global Commercial Helicopter Market report 2017-2027 for 5K.  I found this report for free

https://www.faa.gov/...ce_Forecast.pdf

On page 85, there is a projection for rotorcraft pilots for the coming years.  Just doesn't specify if they are PPL, CPL or CFI.  Still digging...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ColoradoHeliOpsGeneral200PrecisionVRForumGeneral200Helmet FX General 200MaunaLoaSoftwareVRGeneral200MidwestHeliAcademy2016Able_VRGeneral200Genesys VRForum200_GeneralDevoreGeneral200NFCVRGeneral200HeliHelmets