4 replies to this topic

#1 Willbyerow

Willbyerow

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:59

Does anyone know what the Warrant Officer Selection Board actually consists of? How many WO's sit on the board, how many packets are reviewed daily, ect.?

I've looked around the interwebs for information on the process and was only able to find a Reddit post stating that there are roughly 5-7 WO's on the board with only one representative from Aviation.

This is mostly just a curiosity of mine, so I appreciate any responses.

EDIT: I'm interested in the enlisted board panel composition. I don't really care how the street-to-seat board works. I got off the streets years ago.

#2 dukun8ter

dukun8ter

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Human intelligence, law enforcement
  • Company working for:Signal Hill PD Dispatcher and Jailer/Civilian, Reserve Police Officer Lvl 1-D, Sept 2017 WOFT Select

Posted 13 July 2017 - 17:19

It just depends. Try checking out armyocs.com. There's plenty of good info on that site in regards to the Board.

#3 stearmann4

stearmann4

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:32

Your information is correct. The board president is a COL, but not nevcesarily an aviator.

Take that 5-7 voting WOs, divide that by the approximately 1,500+ applications for each board all in 5 working days, and you see why I constantly preach to keep LORs, essays, etc as short, concise, and impactful as possible.

Mike-
  • Creep0321 and Dmurray like this

#4 Willbyerow

Willbyerow

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:49

Your information is correct. The board president is a COL, but not nevcesarily an aviator.

Take that 5-7 voting WOs, divide that by the approximately 1,500+ applications for each board all in 5 working days, and you see why I constantly preach to keep LORs, essays, etc as short, concise, and impactful as possible.

Mike-

Thank you for your response! You are clearly one of the more knowledgeable posters here, so I hope you don't mind me asking a few more questions.

With each voting WO reviewing so many packets, is it correct to assume that they're primarily skimming for key criteria in each application?

Are the voting WOs consistent through the whole process or do they bring in branch specific WO's for each WO specialty being reviewed that day/time? (i.e. aviators for the 153A applications; MI warrants for the 352N warrants)

#5 stearmann4

stearmann4

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 21:09

Each application is allotted approximately 2 minutes to be reviewed and assigned a numerical value or "vote." Don't try to strategize the board, its a waste of your resources.
  • Luofynerd likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Midwest Helicopter Academy 200 - 2016NFCVRForum200HomeDevoreHome200Able_VRHOme200ColoradoHeliOpsHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200Genesys VR Forum 200HeliHelmets-VR HomeHelmet FX Home 200PrecisionVRForumHome200