Warrant Officer Selection Board Process

Does anyone know what the Warrant Officer Selection Board actually consists of? How many WO's sit on the board, how many packets are reviewed daily, ect.?

I've looked around the interwebs for information on the process and was only able to find a Reddit post stating that there are roughly 5-7 WO's on the board with only one representative from Aviation.

This is mostly just a curiosity of mine, so I appreciate any responses.

EDIT: I'm interested in the enlisted board panel composition. I don't really care how the street-to-seat board works. I got off the streets years ago.

It just depends. Try checking out armyocs.com. There's plenty of good info on that site in regards to the Board.

Your information is correct. The board president is a COL, but not nevcesarily an aviator.

Take that 5-7 voting WOs, divide that by the approximately 1,500+ applications for each board all in 5 working days, and you see why I constantly preach to keep LORs, essays, etc as short, concise, and impactful as possible.

Mike-

• Like 2

Your information is correct. The board president is a COL, but not nevcesarily an aviator.

Take that 5-7 voting WOs, divide that by the approximately 1,500+ applications for each board all in 5 working days, and you see why I constantly preach to keep LORs, essays, etc as short, concise, and impactful as possible.

Mike-

Thank you for your response! You are clearly one of the more knowledgeable posters here, so I hope you don't mind me asking a few more questions.

With each voting WO reviewing so many packets, is it correct to assume that they're primarily skimming for key criteria in each application?

Are the voting WOs consistent through the whole process or do they bring in branch specific WO's for each WO specialty being reviewed that day/time? (i.e. aviators for the 153A applications; MI warrants for the 352N warrants)