#1 Gumby39

Gumby39

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Flying, Military

Posted 16 July 2017 - 19:59

Last week, I had a couple of wisdom teeth removed. I knew these two would more than likely be questioned during the flight physical, so I had them popped out. After the pulling, the dentist told me he had to leave a small piece of the bottom tooth in because it wouldn't come out and it won't cause me any problems anyway, so there was no need to keep digging at it. I searched all over the forum and hadn't found any answers for this kind of situation. I know they will more than likely notice it when I get dental looked at, so is this something that they will make a fuss about or will they have the same mentality as my dentist? I, of course, could bring in a note from the dentist if needed. 

Thanks!

#2 Ritter

Ritter

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 13:30

Last week, I had a couple of wisdom teeth removed. I knew these two would more than likely be questioned during the flight physical, so I had them popped out. After the pulling, the dentist told me he had to leave a small piece of the bottom tooth in because it wouldn't come out and it won't cause me any problems anyway, so there was no need to keep digging at it. I searched all over the forum and hadn't found any answers for this kind of situation. I know they will more than likely notice it when I get dental looked at, so is this something that they will make a fuss about or will they have the same mentality as my dentist? I, of course, could bring in a note from the dentist if needed. 

Thanks!

I wouldn't worry about it. 

• Gumby39 likes this

#3 taylor860

taylor860

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 19:27

They actually didn't do a dental check for me when I got my physical Which I thought was kind of weird. I was nervous about it too because I still need to have mine removed. But the physical got stamped and approved.

Taylor
  • Gumby39 likes this

#4 Gumby39

Gumby39

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Flying, Military

Posted 18 July 2017 - 18:55

Awesome, thanks, guys!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

NFCVRForum200HomeHelmet FX Home 200Able_VRHOme200Genesys VR Forum 200ColoradoHeliOpsHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200DevoreHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeMidwest Helicopter Academy 200 - 2016PrecisionVRForumHome200