Submitting question

Does it matter if you send every document as one PDF? Or should you send each individual file as a PDF? I.e. 20 PDF for each item on checklist or like 3 PDF compiling them to 5MB each?

I sent one pdf for every document. I thought about merging them all into one but I knew I was going to have updates to submit so went with individual PDFs. Plus the board doesn't look at half of your packet so you are giving more work to somebody by making them go and pull what the board members will see.

Every item should be it's own PDF (exception being your photo in JPEG). I compressed all of my PDF's then uploaded them in one email.

Provided below is an excerpt from the USAREC page:

LAST NAME, FIRST NAME MI - PRIMARY WOMOS - E-MAIL NUMBER OF THE TOTAL NUMBER OF E-MAILS being sent.

Example:

JOHNSON, STEVEN M. - 153A - 1 OF 2, second e-mail subject line, JOHNSON, STEVEN M. - 153A - 2 OF 2. Also, be sure to title your PDF attachments in the following format: 1.pdf, 2.pdf, 3.pdf, etc... (packet compiled in the order set in the checklist, then broken up and labeled in the manner shown)

E-mail size cannot exceed 5MB.

• Like 1

My interpretation of this was to compile your packet in the order of the checklist, and then send it all in a PDF document, splitting it into multiple documents if it's larger than 5 MB. For mine, the only attachments on my packet submission were 1.pdf and DAPhoto.jpg. My packet status came back with no errors later the same day and was board ready in 48-72 hours. I was also selected at the active duty selection board. I'm still not entirely sure which way is correct as it could be interpreted both ways, but this way worked for me.

Yeah I interpreted it the same way. It says compiled in order so I figured they meant compile them as one PDF the last time I submitted I did the board files da photo then supporting files.

Yeah I interpreted it the same way. It says compiled in order so I figured they meant compile them as one PDF the last time I submitted I did the board files da photo then supporting files.

They literally spell out the guidance for you on their website. Upload each PDF individually and label them in the order they are presented on the check sheet. Sending everything in one PDF (or combined PDF's) will cause problems if you need to send corrections/updates in the future.

Again, quoted from their website:

"Also, be sure to title your PDF attachments in the following format: 1.pdf, 2.pdf, 3.pdf, etc... (packet compiled in the order set in the checklist, then broken up and labeled in the manner shown)"

• Like 1

They literally spell out the guidance for you on their website. Upload each PDF individually and label them in the order they are presented on the check sheet. Sending everything in one PDF (or combined PDF's) will cause problems if you need to send corrections/updates in the future.

Again, quoted from their website:

"Also, be sure to title your PDF attachments in the following format: 1.pdf, 2.pdf, 3.pdf, etc... (packet compiled in the order set in the checklist, then broken up and labeled in the manner shown)"

Alrighty thanks