27 replies to this topic

#21 Creep0321

Creep0321

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 00:39

Once your ADSO begins, you will be grandfathered. It has always worked that way. If your enlistment contract that you signed to go to WOC included ADSO terms, they'll be honored as long as you are IN the pipeline. If you have signed a contract, but haven't started, you should still be good. Should being operative.

As for promotion timelines to CW2, etc, those go into effect whenever the MILPER states (no grandfather of jack).

In that case, any idea when the promotion portion would kick in? hopefully after Oct 22.....

Swift, Silent, Deadly.

#22 METT-TC

METT-TC

ATP Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Retired Army...jeeps, running, peakbagging (hiking), and a bit of flying

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:43

In that case, any idea when the promotion portion would kick in? hopefully after Oct 22.....

Not at all. ;) I think I have one friend currently working as an Avn branch manager, but not hitting him on FB to talk shop. But...

Keep an eye on the Branch HRC website, HRC's promotion page, or quite honestly, just get the S1 Net weekly update email that provides a very concise overview of just about everything "personnel" that could affect you (short blurbs with links to the official on MILPERS and ALARACT messages). I was never "S1", but I received the S1 Net emails for about the last 10 years of my active service (I stayed read in rather well no matter how far I was from the flagpole).

https://netforum.ave...a&WebCode=S1NET

#23 SBuzzkill

SBuzzkill

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 15:32

I'm at MEPS for contract signing and swearing in, and I'm being told that I cannot have listed on my contract the ADSO I will incure upon flight school graduation. I was told that the initial contract is for 3 years, and that's all that the contract says about ADSO. Is this correct? The reservation document that lists my Basic and WOCS dates does state 72 months of obligation after flight school, but I'm concerned that if it's not in the contract itself, I won't be grandfathered if the obligation changes to 8 years. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I wouldn't beat yourself up over rumors, especially ones you can't really control.  Unless of course you change your mind about joining the Army.

#24 WOFT applicant

WOFT applicant

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 16:17

I wouldn't beat yourself up over rumors, especially ones you can't really control.  Unless of course you change your mind about joining the Army.

Thanks for the sound advice. In researching this further, I learned that for an officer, ADSO is not contractual as much as it is something that is incurred due to various factors over the course of one's service. If the rules change, I'm told it is likely that the ADSO rule in place when I enlist will be what I am held to, though there can be no guarantee.

#25 USCav19D

USCav19D

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:H-60M and H-60M accessories.
  • Company working for:AMERICA.

Posted 25 July 2017 - 19:19

From what I was told leaving rucker, it would only affect newly appointed WO1 after the fiscal year... but again who knows.

good

f*ck that noise

#26 dirtyfoot

dirtyfoot

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:43

HAHAHAHAHA and they wonder why they can't retain pilots. 

"I'm a CW5 with 30+ years of service...but lemme tell you how WOJG's are clogging up the system".

Ridiculous. You want competent pilots produced at a faster rate? Try rooting out the dirtbags at HRC who can't seem to figure out how numbers and projections work, and maybe straighten out the SMO's at B and D Co while you're at it. There is absolutely no reason for excessive bubbles and inefficiency other than administrative mismanagement and a lack of accountability.

Instead of shaking down WOJG's for cash and promotions, try streamlining the pipeline. How many millions every year are wasted paying students who are in stuck in training bubbles? 

• CharyouTree, Lindsey and USCav19D like this

#27 mike0331

mike0331

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Freedom & 'Merica
  • Company working for:Prior USMC Infantry, Law Student

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:57

^That's like the entire military. It will never change, it's part of the machine.

Mike

#28 ftxag76

ftxag76

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 19:56

Interesting

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Midwest Helicopter Academy 200 - 2016HeliHelmets-VR HomeGenesys VR Forum 200Able_VRHOme200PrecisionVRForumHome200Helmet FX Home 200DevoreHome200NFCVRForum200HomeColoradoHeliOpsHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200