Anyone want to switch teams?

http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/27/news/companies/pilot-shortage-figures/index.html

'Course this does sound just like the same one that got me into Embry Riddle back in '95?

Edited by r22butters
  • Like 2

The regional Airlines have transitioned a few of my friends and there's a few others looking at doing it. And a helicopter recruiter I spoke to recently told me they're being forced to increase benefits because they're competing with the airlines now.

Butters, did you get this link off of drudge? You know they say that's all fake news on there....the only place I get my news!

No, JH Original Forum,...where I get all my professional pilot news!

Well what did you think I meant by "switching teams",...a sex change?

Nah I'll stick to helos, more fun.. Besides AI will fly airliners, highly doubt computers will fly helicopters, most helicopter missions require human judgement. Fixed wing is just take off and land. Remember the WSJ article titled "daddy, what was a truck driver"? well imagine "daddy what was a pilot"!!!

I'm 99% sure computers will take over fixed wing sooner or later. Maybe I'm biased but helicopter pilots are safe for while. :D

Remember the WSJ article titled "daddy, what was a truck driver"?

HA! That's a funny article! Thing is, it really only works with over the road trucks, the local guys who are 20% driver 80% delivery boy will still have jobs. Just like fixed-wing, the airliners may go the way of Hal, but there will always be bush pilots! Just like for us, there will always be,...? Well I was gonna say tours and haa, but I'm sure eventually those can be automated as well!

,...can't believe they actually thought people would pay to read that article, guess you can't expect a dinosaur to "get" the internet! :D

HA! That's a funny article! Thing is, it really only works with over the road trucks, the local guys who are 20% driver 80% delivery boy will still have jobs. Just like fixed-wing, the airliners may go the way of Hal, but there will always be bush pilots! Just like for us, there will always be,...? Well I was gonna say tours and haa, but I'm sure eventually those can be automated as well!

,...can't believe they actually thought people would pay to read that article, guess you can't expect a dinosaur to "get" the internet! :D

You worked for Fredex Smith right?

That slow crawling R2D2 is a long way off from replacing a Fedex delivery boy.

Still eventually, if you go far enough into the future huminoid style robots will replace us in everything. Terminators will be fighting our wars, Data from Star Trek will be delivering for Fedex, flipping burgers, picking crops (after a drone is finished spraying them) and I will be taking my Cherry 2000 to bed every night!

,...eventually! :D

• Like 1