Definite evidnce of a pilot shortage!

JOB REQUIREMENTS

1. Email your application to hr@coreheli.com.

(Yes, if you saw this listing the job is still available)

Questions?: Email hr@coreheli.com.

Please DO NOT: Call asking to speak to the Chief Pilot, Owner etc.

Please DO NOT: Visit uninvited without an appointment.

Please DO NOT: Drop off paper copies of your resume.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Boatpix, please substantiate your assertion that the FW pilot shortage is over. As long as regional carriers are paying 20k+ bonuses to new hires the shortage is still in effect. The only way I see the pilot labor shortage going away soon is if industry lobbying is effective and Congress agrees to reverse the ATP requirement changes that were introduced following the Colgan accident.

• 2 weeks later...

Job Location: San Francisco

Aircraft: Bell 206 L4

Position Available: Full-time Rotocraft Pilot

Responsibilities of Position: Full-Time ENG

JOB REQUIREMENTS

Recent experience in Bell 206 L4

Commercial Helicopter Rating

4000 hrs Total Time

250 Turbine Time

250 Cross Country

25 hrs Night Cross Country

Prior ENG Experience Preferred

Reside within 30 minutes of airport

Local Area Experience Desired

3000 hrs. PIC

3000 hrs. R/W

2000 hrs. PIC(R/W)

50 hrs. PIC, Make +Model

4000 hours? Damn! I could swear it was just 1500 not that long ago! "Reside within 30 minutes of the airport"?,...hope they pay well, REALLY REALLY WELL!

Hmm, live in a less desirable part of the US?

To be honest my home has become so miserably overpopulated these past few years, that the thought of living in a trailer out in the middle of butt-crack nowhere is looking better and better with each hour and a half (oneway 20 mile) commute!,...but then I really don't want to wear a helmet!:D

You know this thread was meant to be sarastic,...right?

Edited by r22butters

• 1 month later...

Got an e-mail last night from Air Methods,...at least I think it was them, maybe Med Trans, hard to remember I was laughing so hard!

Anyway he wanted to know if I was interested in a SPIFR position they had, and if not, if I knew anyone to whom I could forward the job? Sorry, I deleted the e-mail, 'cause, well, who we kidding,...I don't know anyone!

Of course the job had some ridiculously high hour requirement,...hence my unstoppable laughter at being sent this offer!

I don't know how he got my address, but damn!

,...things must really be getting desperate out there!

As Zippie said, there is no shortage. Its more profitable for HEMS operators to pay low salaries, stay under-staffed and utilize constant work-over then to be fully staffed with excellent pay and benefits.

Most qualified pilots arent interested in working for peanuts. Why fly SPIFR HEMS for $100k per year when you can make $150k flying an AW139 or S92 in the gulf?

The ones who go for those jobs are either completely burnt out with offshore flying or have a military pension to lean on.

Base managers may be desperate for pilots (to reduce work-over and have more stable scheduling), but the big wigs on top certainly are not.

• 2 weeks later...

Well now I just got an email from a recruiter at Aviation Search Group for Penstar. Sure enough its another SPIFR position they want to know if I'm interested in? 500 hours of night though, damn that's a lot!

Everyone wants a piece of butters,...:)

• 4 weeks later...

Well a new year, and a new e-mail offer to fly SPIFR! This one was from the recruiter at Reach,...and its even local!

Oh' if only they had a pilot apprentice program, like the driver apprentice position at Fedex Freight?

,...ah' who am I kidding, I don't want to wear a helmet. :D