• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Charlien24

Charlien24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 22:32

Hello everyone, I have reading this forum for quite some time now in hopes of someday becoming a WOFT aviator. Unfortunately I have recently gotten back from the eye doctor for my yearly checkup. The reason I say unfortunately is because according to my new prescription I have astigmatism that is directly at 3.00 diopters. (This is the pre surgery limit for the WOFT program) Now since I am currently at the limit should I even attempt to get LASIK? Or am I allowed to get the surgery at the exact limit and still qualify for the waiver?

• TeoerryNug likes this

#2 Luofynerd

Luofynerd

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Company working for:U.S. ARMY- AH-64D/E Technical Inspector

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:15

Are you active duty? If so go back and ask them to start at zero prescription so you can find out EXACTLY where your astigmatism lies for flight qualification. If they start at zero prescription you'd probably be able to read it before you get anywhere near 3 diopters

#3 Charlien24

Charlien24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 22:45

I am not currently active duty, I am a civilian currently planning on applying into the program. 

#4 Luofynerd

Luofynerd

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Company working for:U.S. ARMY- AH-64D/E Technical Inspector

Posted 04 August 2017 - 18:39

Still stands go to a different doctor if you can. Explain the situation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

DevoreHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeGenesys VR Forum 200MaunaLoaVRHome200Able_VRHOme200PrecisionVRForumHome200ColoradoHeliOpsHome200Helmet FX Home 200Midwest Helicopter Academy 200 - 2016NFCVRForum200Home