VOLO_VRGeneral468UpperLimit2011General_468x60Helicopter AcademyTigerTugsVRForumGen468
Photo
- - - - -

Strange night requirement substitution?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 r22butters

r22butters

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts
  • Location:Pluto,...at least until the next election :) ,...damn the wifi here is unbelievable!
  • Interests:Admiring the city lights and coastal sunsets from a thousand feet,...when I have the dough. :)

,...oh' yeah, and boobs!
    😕+🍟+🚁+🌃=☺
  • Company working for:Just a happy casual renter! :)

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:41

So I've been looking into this Envoy thing, and thus they sent me some info, of which contained a minimum checklist for their target audience. Now of course they want 100 hours night, but I guess military guys are having trouble with that one, because this "optional night flying method" as they put it, just seems strange!?

Ok, it seems once you have 20 night takeoffs and landings, you can count each additional night takeoff and landing for 1 hour of the night flying minimum (up to 25 hours)?

I don't know,...seems to me (as Kramer would say) "that's cooky talk!" :o
  • TeoerryNug and Lolahuri like this
The only dream I have left is to live long enough to see the pilot shortage. Its been about fifteen years since they first told me it was coming, so,...

Aaaaaaaany day now! :D

#2 crashed_05

crashed_05

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Company working for:Leading Edge Aviation, Inc. ATP, Gold Seal CFII, MEI, IGI, AGI, & A&P

Posted 06 August 2017 - 13:45

This is an exception to the night time requirement for ATP in the FARs.  Part 61.159( b )  I would actually see this as an issue for civilian pilots meeting the night minimums, depending on your line of work.  I recall all of our pilots and aircrew being very night current; at least in the Marine Corps.

Edited by crashed_05, 06 August 2017 - 13:46.

#3 r22butters

r22butters

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts
  • Location:Pluto,...at least until the next election :) ,...damn the wifi here is unbelievable!
  • Interests:Admiring the city lights and coastal sunsets from a thousand feet,...when I have the dough. :)

,...oh' yeah, and boobs!
    😕+🍟+🚁+🌃=☺
  • Company working for:Just a happy casual renter! :)

Posted 06 August 2017 - 14:53

Hmmm, its in the FAR's huh, damn! Still seems like a weird tradeoff though? May as well just say 75 hours night with at least 45 takeoffs and landings then?
The only dream I have left is to live long enough to see the pilot shortage. Its been about fifteen years since they first told me it was coming, so,...

Aaaaaaaany day now! :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

PBH_HeliHarbor200_GeneralColoradoHeliOpsGeneral200PrecisionVRForumGeneral200Genesys VRForum200_GeneralMaunaLoaSoftwareVRGeneral200DevoreGeneral200HeliHelmetsNFCVRGeneral200Able_VRGeneral200