Looking for WOFT Sponsor

I am currently applying for the Army WOFT. I have been scouring the web and my own networking connections for an active duty Army, Senior WO Aviator (W-3 to W-5) that would be willing to potentially sponsor my package.

As some info about myself, I am currently serving in the US Navy as a Petty Officer Second Class (E-5) and have been in the naval aviation field for roughly four and a half years specializing in egress and environmental control systems / safety equipment. I started my package back in June, and have been pushing hard to make the January and March 2018 board deadlines. The one thing I have been having trouble finding is a senior WO aviator that might be willing to sponsor my package. I have had zero luck so far, and thought now the time to reach out online. I would be willing to converse and correspond as much as needed, as well as give contact info of Naval aviators I have worked with who have already given written recommendations on my behalf. ANY help at all with this would be greatly appreciated. I hope that this post will connect me with the right people.

V/R,

AME2 (AW) Flaminio S, USN.

JBLM is close to you and is filled with them, even with all of 16CAB deployed. You have Washington National Guard GSAB, Army Reserves GSAB, 160th SOAR 4th reg (60s and 47s), and when they get back 16th CAB (60s, and 2 64 battalions).

The hard part I've ran into is actually connecting with any of the individuals at JBLM. its a bit of a drive and something I'm only really able to do on the weekends. I was hoping there might be someone at JBLM lurking on here that would be able to point me in the direction of an individual who would be willing to feel me out and meet in the future.

I know a CW3 at JBLM MTP 64 guy, I only know him by last name but I'll try to talk to one of my buddies there. I will see if he's back from Afghanistan and see if he'd be willing to meet up with you, direct you to a good source or possibly do a telephone interview. Send me a PM with your global .mil email, and maybe a copy of your Resume? You can like remove all your Personal info (social etc). I'll try to find time to email you tomorrow. You're going to have to find time to go there even if you have to take two days leave or something, if he wants a face to face.

PO2 Flaminio,

I'm sure I didn't hear you correctly when you said "it's quite a drive"..the 2 hours from Whidbey? There are aspiring candidates travelling across the country to get physicals and LORs for WOFT.

There's more aviation units at JBLM than you can shake a stick at, and half of them are Guard and Reserve that are manned to some level on the weekends. Use your ID card and go start knocking on doors. Drive through the main gate off I-5 and keep going until you see green or black helicopters, find somebody, anybody and ask them where you can find some pilots, chip away at it from there.

Trying to accomplish it all from the convenience of your computer isn't going to cut it.

Mike-

• Like 6

Sir,

I understand how that came across, and I assure you that is not how I intended it to be. I would be willing to drive or fly across the country for a face to face interview if I was presented with one. I will most likely have to take leave and head down to JBLM to poke around. I only reached out here to see if there were other options is all. The last thing I am is lazy, but please forgive me for the choice of words.

• Like 1

Sir,

I understand how that came across, and I assure you that is not how I intended it to be. I would be willing to drive or fly across the country for a face to face interview if I was presented with one. I will most likely have to take leave and head down to JBLM to poke around. I only reached out here to see if there were other options is all. The last thing I am is lazy, but please forgive me for the choice of words.

I can definitely understand the desire to have a point of contact at JBLM and a plan prior to your trip. Sounds like a reasonable thing to do, given the alternative is to literally drive 2 hours to aimlessly meander around a post you're not familiar in the long shot you may run into a CW3-CW5 aviator, wave him down, explain you're putting a packet together, whip out your qualifications, and ask him if he has time to sit down to interview you.

So yeah, my advice is to keep doing what you're doing, reaching out to people in the community who may know someone there (obviously not on this forum), check out rally point like Hambone said, maybe find a point of contact within the Aviation BDE down there and explain the situation and maybe they can put you in touch with some contacts who may be willing to take the time to help you out.

• 3 months later...

Hey all, I'm having the same issue as Flamino. I'm on MacDill and I know there has to be at least a Dozen flight CWO3< within a 10 mile radius! Local recruiters I have talked to don't seem to know where to start. If anyone knows a local Warrant and can refer me it would be appreciated! Please PM me.