MountainRidgeHeliVRFT468UpperLimit468VRFTForumHelicopter AcademyFRASCA FT468
Photo
- - - - -

Fun time with hobbs,...if you're really, really bored?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 r22butters

r22butters

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • Location:Pluto,...at least until the next election :) ,...damn the wifi here is unbelievable!
  • Interests:Admiring the city lights and coastal sunsets from a thousand feet,...when I have the dough. :)

,...oh' yeah, and boobs!
    😕+🍟+🚁+🌃=☺
  • Company working for:Just a happy casual renter! :)

Posted 23 August 2017 - 14:06

I got my first taste of a collective hobbs in an R22, on top of that, it measures out to the hundreths place. Its also company policy to just round off that last didget. Now here's the fun part,...

The flight before me was 437.26 on the hobbs rounded up to 437.3 on the aircraft dispatch. My flight was a 437.94 on the hobbs rounded down to 437.9 for the aircraft dispatch.

So, in the aircraft dispatch the flight was a 0.6, but according to the actual hobbs it was a 0.68, so really closer to a 0.7.

To add to this, I set the timer after starting the engine, and it was running for 53 minutes which is almost a 0.9 (that's also how I know its one of the new collective hobbs).

So to recap;
0.6 (recorded on dispatch)
0.68 (on hobbs meter)
0.9 (for engine run time)

Now for the real fun part. Which number did they use to charge me?
The only dream I have left is to live long enough to see the pilot shortage. Its been about fifteen years since they first told me it was coming, so,...

Aaaaaaaany day now! :D

#2 adam32

adam32

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • Company working for:Just keeping the bills paid!!

Posted 23 August 2017 - 15:07

They rounded up to a 1.0

#3 r22butters

r22butters

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • Location:Pluto,...at least until the next election :) ,...damn the wifi here is unbelievable!
  • Interests:Admiring the city lights and coastal sunsets from a thousand feet,...when I have the dough. :)

,...oh' yeah, and boobs!
    😕+🍟+🚁+🌃=☺
  • Company working for:Just a happy casual renter! :)

Posted 23 August 2017 - 15:53

Actually, they charged me off the dispatch, so 0.6
The only dream I have left is to live long enough to see the pilot shortage. Its been about fifteen years since they first told me it was coming, so,...

Aaaaaaaany day now! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Hillsboro2014_200VRFTRorumAnthelion_VRFTForum200Precision_FTForum200VOLO_VRFT200GuidanceVRFTForum200JerryTrimbleArkansas Helicopters VR FT200702HeliVRFT200UNDVRFTForum200