Preparing for WOCS

Just wanted to see if anybody on here has any last minute tips or anything for WOCS. Im an active duty SPC right now and im starting to get those last minute nerves for the whole thing. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

Just wanted to see if anybody on here has any last minute tips or anything for WOCS. Im an active duty SPC right now and im starting to get those last minute nerves for the whole thing. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Just color in the lines and follow the instructions exactly.

What class are you going into?

18-502, Yeah I figured it would be a lot of paying attention to details. Its just those inevitable nerves

You'll have several candidates going with you in that class that have been here at HHC for a long time and will be able to help get everybody squared away. Try not to let the nerves get too bad, class really isn't too bad. Mainly just staying awake during class is the most difficult part...thank God for caffeine rights when you get them

Tanner37

Just remember, the WOCS graduation rate will be over 90%. This isn't Ranger school. In the Army eyes, by you being selected, they expect you to graduate. They are counting on you in becoming a Warrant Officer and an aviator. Remember, be in the top 90%, not that difficult really.

Shoot...when I went through we had one guy get set back for academics, and one get ..."removed".

The academics...I'll be honest. No idea how that happened. It was the first test. Nothing even crazy.

Pass PT and pay a moderate amount of attention in class. You'll be fine.

• Like 1

They do have class honors. However, WOCS does not count toward your flight school OML.

Well I always strive to be the best of the best lmao. Even when it doesn't count. Especially when it doesn't count.
  • Like 2

The sarcastic attitude will definitely help you get through WOCS as long as you keep it between you and your classmates. I'm not being sarcastic.

I wouldn't dare let my sarcasm slip out in the wrong company. :D

To prepare, I would suggest doing push-ups in the grass, Candidate!

But really... it's not difficult, just tedious. The PT in some classes can be intense, and pretty lax in others. I was in the 7 week class 17-13 and our primary TAC loved to run, so we ran... a lot. Word is you don't even go to the field anymore (which was the most fun part). In hindsight, it doesn't make sense to have a bunch of WO's out running STX lanes in the field rather than focusing on the TOC, so I can see why they don't do it.

Enjoy the friends you'll make, and the improved laundry folding skills you'll gain.

• Like 1

Do they still do the WOCS Salad? (I think thats what its called..) You get back to your bunks to find everyones clothing taken out of their closets and thrown together in a pile. And ya have a little bit of time to get it all squared away before the TACS come by to check again.

Speaking of laundry... How frequently are you able to do laundry? I'm wondering if I should buy more than the minimum 3 sets of PTs...

Laundry service is once a week. Per the WOCSOP there is a mandatory number of items required in your clothing drawers. I can't remember what the number for PTs was though.

Laundry service is once a week. Per the WOCSOP there is a mandatory number of items required in your clothing drawers. I can't remember what the number for PTs was though.

That sucks. They did it every other day for us. Worth every penny of the $125 or $150 it costs for 7 weeks.

• Like 2

That sucks. They did it every other day for us. Worth every penny of the $125 or $150 it costs for 7 weeks.

Actually, now that you mention that, I remember doing laundry every day and linens once a week. I probably should have remembered that since I was the laundry officer.

• Like 1

Do they still do the WOCS Salad? (I think thats what its called..) You get back to your bunks to find everyones clothing taken out of their closets and thrown together in a pile. And ya have a little bit of time to get it all squared away before the TACS come by to check again.

Daily...

Sometimes they switch your shirts with your roomates, and you don't realize until you downgrade in class and the instructor calls you by someone else's last name...

Im a street to seat guy. Basic is oct2 and wocs is jan2. Can anyone tell me what the 26 day gap is for? Thanks for any answers.

Holdover status while you wait for the next class. Looks like your class dates lined up perfect with holiday block leave.

• Like 1

Maybe some active duty folks can help me out with this one, on the pre-reporting checklist it states you have to have a DA 2-1. But everything I've gathered throughout my current unit is that this is a reserve component form. And it seems like its basically an ERB but you have to fill out everything yourself. Any help is appreciated

Maybe some active duty folks can help me out with this one, on the pre-reporting checklist it states you have to have a DA 2-1. But everything I've gathered throughout my current unit is that this is a reserve component form. And it seems like its basically an ERB but you have to fill out everything yourself. Any help is appreciated

You are correct it's a reserve component form. Not for you