Preparing for WOCS

Maybe some active duty folks can help me out with this one, on the pre-reporting checklist it states you have to have a DA 2-1. But everything I've gathered throughout my current unit is that this is a reserve component form. And it seems like its basically an ERB but you have to fill out everything yourself. Any help is appreciated

As long as you have one of those forms, then that is all you need. 90%+ candidates all bring their ERB. You will not need to try and find the 2-1, I've seen MAYBE 5 of those in the year at HHC

1- Pay for the laundry service

2- Turn in EVERYTHING in your ASU for alterations

3 - sew on your nametape/US Army

4 - Get comfortable boots

5 - Shut up and color. Its a game. Play the game, don't try to cheat the game or find a shortcut

6 - Get very good at perfect pushups and setups. Be ok with doing much less than what you usually do for your initial PT test, but ensure that every one of your pushups in particular are perfect until your required minimum

7 - Your reputation in your peer group starts the day you show up to WOCS. Be professional and treat everyone with respect until they prove they do not deserve it. And then, fake it. WOCS and Flight School is no time for drama - drama will get you kicked out faster than you realize

• Like 2

1- Pay for the laundry service

2- Turn in EVERYTHING in your ASU for alterations

3 - sew on your nametape/US Army

4 - Get comfortable boots

5 - Shut up and color. Its a game. Play the game, don't try to cheat the game or find a shortcut

6 - Get very good at perfect pushups and setups. Be ok with doing much less than what you usually do for your initial PT test, but ensure that every one of your pushups in particular are perfect until your required minimum

7 - Your reputation in your peer group starts the day you show up to WOCS. Be professional and treat everyone with respect until they prove they do not deserve it. And then, fake it. WOCS and Flight School is no time for drama - drama will get you kicked out faster than you realize

That's some pretty solid advice, I really appreciate it! I've heard a lot about the initial APFT specifically the pushups being graded extra strict. Is that true, or is it graded to standard but people end up doing sub-standard pushups in an attempt to max.

It is graded to standard, but a very conservative interpretation of the standard. Not on the level of ranger school or anything, but you will break the plane, you will fully extend. Those super fast half pushups won't fly. I didnt think it was absurdly strict, but for some guys who have gotten by for years with non-standard pushups, it was tough to do the minimum to the standard.

Do a pushup exactly as you are instructed to in BCT, and as per the regs. If you do that, you will be fine. The guys who aren't fine have been pushing the boundaries or straight up ignoring the standard for years.

And just remember a lot of the admin rules. Don't rest on your back for setups, sit all the way up, 90 degree leg angle, etc etc. WOCS is all about details, so they're looking for you to pay attention to them.

Quick question for someone who has recently gone through WOCS or at B co, when I report to Rucker 10 days prior to the start date of WOCS will I be on lock down starting then for in processing or once WOCS officially starts? I am headed there next month for the 5 week course and will be staying on base, just wondering when I have to actually move into the barracks.

Quick question for someone who has recently gone through WOCS or at B co, when I report to Rucker 10 days prior to the start date of WOCS will I be on lock down starting then for in processing or once WOCS officially starts? I am headed there next month for the 5 week course and will be staying on base, just wondering when I have to actually move into the barracks.

I reported this time last year. I stayed in the HHC barracks during in-processing. You're not on lock down until just before you start WOCS. You should have your vehicle until a couple days prior. I'm sure there's someone who went through more recently..... Muffinman?

I reported this time last year. I stayed in the HHC barracks during in-processing. You're not on lock down until just before you start WOCS. You should have your vehicle until a couple days prior. I'm sure there's someone who went through more recently..... Muffinman?

So was/is it a requirement to stay in the HHC barracks during the 10 day in-processing or can I just stay at my house?

So was/is it a requirement to stay in the HHC barracks during the 10 day in-processing or can I just stay at my house?

IIRC you are not required to stay in the barracks until the night before bag drag.

I also have Basic here in 10 days then WOCS in January, I have all of my stuff at a storage unit here in my town currently. Would I move it down before or after WOCS? I don't have a lot so I was hoping to move it myself and get to see some friends back here after WOCS.

I also have Basic here in 10 days then WOCS in January, I have all of my stuff at a storage unit here in my town currently. Would I move it down before or after WOCS? I don't have a lot so I was hoping to move it myself and get to see some friends back here after WOCS.

After WOCS You'll be given the opportunity to take 10 days permissive TDY to move your belonging.

Does anyone know if your DA 61 truly needs to be screened and updated before reporting to WOCS. Im aware that the pre-execution checklist states it needs to be. But there really isnt anything that needs to be updated on it. Im not sure if this is one of those things where if it isnt updated when i get to Rucker its going to be a huge problem. Hopefully this isn't too silly of a question, I'm not too sure how the in-processing works at WOCS.