TigerTugsVRForumGen468UpperLimit2011General_468x60Helicopter AcademyVOLO_VRGeneral468
Photo
- - - - -

HeliSuccess 2017

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 takefootoff

takefootoff

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 21:46

How many slots are they hoping to fill? They've seemed to be on this hiring push for about 2 yrs now.

#22 richeh123

richeh123

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 21:59

they never really gave a number....they just said they are in need of pilots bad, and that they are about to be down 40% with pilots retiring and moving on elsewhere ( airlines). 

#23 r22butters

r22butters

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • Location:Pluto,...at least until the next election :) ,...damn the wifi here is unbelievable!
  • Interests:Admiring the city lights and coastal sunsets from a thousand feet,...when I have the dough. :)

,...oh' yeah, and boobs!
    😕+🍟+🚁+🌃=☺
  • Company working for:Just a happy casual renter! :)

Posted 02 November 2017 - 23:03

Is there still a surplus of 1000 to 2000 hours guys?
The only dream I have left is to live long enough to see the pilot shortage. Its been about fifteen years since they first told me it was coming, so,...

Aaaaaaaany day now! :D

#24 takefootoff

takefootoff

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:08

They should raise the stakes and hire 1000hr cfi's under one condition,

fail the poly.....get deported!

#25 Kliss

Kliss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 14:12

The numbers I have read, nothing official so take with a grain of salt, is they are looking for 75-100 pilots. My story goes much the same as everyone else that has failed. Until they do something about the polygraph they are going to continue to have trouble hiring. I don't know what the answer is but something has to change. 

#26 zippiesdrainage

zippiesdrainage

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Company working for:AEL

Posted 04 November 2017 - 17:38

Anyone know what the work schedule is for those border jobs?

"A mind that is stretched by a new experience, can never go back to its old dimensions"- Unknown

#27 r22butters

r22butters

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • Location:Pluto,...at least until the next election :) ,...damn the wifi here is unbelievable!
  • Interests:Admiring the city lights and coastal sunsets from a thousand feet,...when I have the dough. :)

,...oh' yeah, and boobs!
    😕+🍟+🚁+🌃=☺
  • Company working for:Just a happy casual renter! :)

Posted 04 November 2017 - 18:36

You may want to rethink that proposal? If this guy can't pass,..?

No, no, no,...don't send me back to Ohio!
  • METT-TC likes this
The only dream I have left is to live long enough to see the pilot shortage. Its been about fifteen years since they first told me it was coming, so,...

Aaaaaaaany day now! :D

#28 Jaybee

Jaybee

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 13:45

Anyone know what the work schedule is for those border jobs?

As I understand it - second hand knowledge - you have a "base" schedule and then you will also have "call out". In other words, you're home in bed 2 am, MS13 is running drugs across the border, your phone rings - "we need you now". This is aka LEAP pay. 

Take it for what its worth, second hand knowledge from a Captain that I worked with that used to be DEA and worked with Air Interdiction Agents exclusively. Probably better to just ask the recruiter directly.

"In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks." — Wilbur Wright in a letter to his father, September 1900. 

"The foot rests have a profound impact on the outcome of today's flight ending safely" - My flight instructor.

#29 Jaybee

Jaybee

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 13:49

yes...as you know, the airlines are trying to recruit everyone, now the heli industry is really starting feel it. thats why the air and marine was there also. if you were at heli sucess they put you through a fast track program...i guess it cuts off alot of time and headache.  

I don't know if I would say that...

If you are currently working a full time job all the medical and PT test appointments can be hard to schedule and each appointment letter you get includes a "if you don't do this by this date the job offer is rescinded" 

and the security questionnaire SF86 is like 134 pages or so long... fine if you don't currently have a full time job I guess.

"In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks." — Wilbur Wright in a letter to his father, September 1900. 

"The foot rests have a profound impact on the outcome of today's flight ending safely" - My flight instructor.

#30 richeh123

richeh123

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 16:41

so when i met with the air and marine operations recruiter they told me all other government jobs that people are trying to get into ( gardener for the white house, accountant for the fbi, border patrol...whatever it may be)  that require the same paperwork, pt tests, medical exams, lie detectors, ect....are being put on the back burner.  anyone  trying to get into the air and marine through the "fast track program" as they called it ( closed as of nov- 6) is being pushed ahead of everyone.  so far they have contacted me when they said and gave me plenty of time and options to pick my appointments. i have been through the government process before.....they have never went as smooth as this has been.   i just hope it stays this way!

#31 kiwisfly

kiwisfly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 00:24

"Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do" - Pelé

#32 kiwisfly

kiwisfly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 00:27

I believe they already are. At least what I have been told is they are able to waive the minimum total time requirement (1500) to 1050.

"Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do" - Pelé

#33 takefootoff

takefootoff

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:21

I was under the impression that those circumstances are tailored to the ARMY Joe's that don't meet the minimums?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Able_VRGeneral200HeliHelmetsPrecisionVRForumGeneral200NFCVRGeneral200MaunaLoaSoftwareVRGeneral200ColoradoHeliOpsGeneral200DevoreGeneral200PBH_HeliHarbor200_GeneralGenesys VRForum200_General