HeliSuccess 2017

r22butters

They should raise the stakes and hire 1000hr cfi's under one condition,

fail the poly.....get deported!

You may want to rethink that proposal? If this guy can't pass,..?

No, no, no,...don't send me back to Ohio!

• Like 1

Anyone know what the work schedule is for those border jobs?

As I understand it - second hand knowledge - you have a "base" schedule and then you will also have "call out". In other words, you're home in bed 2 am, MS13 is running drugs across the border, your phone rings - "we need you now". This is aka LEAP pay.

Take it for what its worth, second hand knowledge from a Captain that I worked with that used to be DEA and worked with Air Interdiction Agents exclusively. Probably better to just ask the recruiter directly.

yes...as you know, the airlines are trying to recruit everyone, now the heli industry is really starting feel it. thats why the air and marine was there also. if you were at heli sucess they put you through a fast track program...i guess it cuts off alot of time and headache.

I don't know if I would say that...

If you are currently working a full time job all the medical and PT test appointments can be hard to schedule and each appointment letter you get includes a "if you don't do this by this date the job offer is rescinded"

and the security questionnaire SF86 is like 134 pages or so long... fine if you don't currently have a full time job I guess.

so when i met with the air and marine operations recruiter they told me all other government jobs that people are trying to get into ( gardener for the white house, accountant for the fbi, border patrol...whatever it may be) that require the same paperwork, pt tests, medical exams, lie detectors, ect....are being put on the back burner. anyone trying to get into the air and marine through the "fast track program" as they called it ( closed as of nov- 6) is being pushed ahead of everyone. so far they have contacted me when they said and gave me plenty of time and options to pick my appointments. i have been through the government process before.....they have never went as smooth as this has been. i just hope it stays this way!