CW5 signature for WOFT checklist?

Pretty sure the checklist says the whole packet has to be administratively reviewed by the Senior Warrant that writes your letter. Plus, a CW5 should want to make sure you're submitting a quality product before he writes you a letter.

I would review the packet checklist and inquire with your recruiter if you have specific questions that aren't answered in the Q&A on the recruiting website.

• Like 1

The CW5 that gave me my letter was the last to sign my stuff as well. I think it's kind of a "I'm putting my name out there for you, I want to make sure your stuff is squared away" kind of thing. I would get everything for your whole packet squared away like every last duck in a row, then bring it to him for his part.

It has nothing to do with a CW5, for in-service applicants there's a "checklist". At the bottom of that checklist is a spot for a reviewing SWO to sign indicating he/she reviewed all your documents for accuracy. It doesn't have to be the WO that write your LOR, but out of convenience, usually is.

if your packet is wrecked and just gets a cursory glance and a SWO signs it, the reviewer knows exactly who to call about it. Its a much smaller circle than you think at that level.

Mike-

• Like 4

Well I called usarec because the guy who gave me the LOR was a CW5 that I talked to during my year in Korea. I PCSed in November and did not submit my packet until may this year. Since i received the LOR i was promoted and attended 2 schools, took 2 college classes so the packet needed few updates. I was told by the proponent that the checklist must be signed by the recommending SWO or a SWO of equal rank as long as the recommending SWO was notified and OK with it.

Well I called usarec because the guy who gave me the LOR was a CW5 that I talked to during my year in Korea. I PCSed in November and did not submit my packet until may this year. Since i received the LOR i was promoted and attended 2 schools, took 2 college classes so the packet needed few updates. I was told by the proponent that the checklist must be signed by the recommending SWO or a SWO of equal rank as long as the recommending SWO was notified and OK with it.

Which equates to any SWO can sign the check list, we just take responsibility for its accuracy and completeness.