Flight surgeons in Florida?

I'm going to be setting up my flight physical here in a couple of months and am curious if any flight surgeons can do the physical in Florida. I live in South Florida, and my recruiter is saying the closest surgeon is in Georgia/Alabama (not clear which one). If I have to travel that far, I will, but if I can avoid an 8-hour drive, I'd be a lot happier.

Thanks!

• Like 1

FWIW I got a list of what I needed done from the flight surgeon at the Guard unit I'm applying to. I went and took care of the EKG, blood work, and eye exam as per his instructions and brought him all the results. He submitted my physical and I had it stamped within a couple weeks. Not sure if you could do something like this.

Mike

Yeah, I mean, I'll do what I have to do... was just hoping to be out and back the same day to avoid taking too much time off of work. Can't have my current employer getting suspicious ;)

Can you post back if it works out? I'm headed to Miami to retake the SIFT (Army lost records on the one I did right after college) on Wednesday and my recruiter will be scheduling the flight physical as soon as I get back. Presumably you are going for the January board? Hurricane Irma pushed my schedule to the right when it closed MEPS down.

• Like 1

Yeah, I mean, I'll do what I have to do... was just hoping to be out and back the same day to avoid taking too much time off of work. Can't have my current employer getting suspicious ;)

Can you post back if it works out? I'm headed to Miami to retake the SIFT (Army lost records on the one I did right after college) on Wednesday and my recruiter will be scheduling the flight physical as soon as I get back. Presumably you are going for the January board? Hurricane Irma pushed my schedule to the right when it closed MEPS down.

Definitely. I'll shoot you a message once I go so you can mention it to your recruiter. I had the same thoughts. I really didn't want to drive super far if I didn't need to and have to stay the night. Especially since it'll be around the time my semester for college is coming to a close.

January is the goal so far as long as I can get my LOR's in the time frame I plan to. If you don't mind me asking, are you using any study books in particular for the SIFT? I haven't taken it yet and was going to wait until I pass the physical before studying. On top of that, I've been studying to boost my GT score for the asvab, so haven't even looked at anything related to it yet.

Definitely. I'll shoot you a message once I go so you can mention it to your recruiter. I had the same thoughts. I really didn't want to drive super far if I didn't need to and have to stay the night. Especially since it'll be around the time my semester for college is coming to a close.

January is the goal so far as long as I can get my LOR's in the time frame I plan to. If you don't mind me asking, are you using any study books in particular for the SIFT? I haven't taken it yet and was going to wait until I pass the physical before studying. On top of that, I've been studying to boost my GT score for the asvab, so haven't even looked at anything related to it yet.

I'm using this: http://a.co/inJY3r4

I got about halfway through the WOFT process in 2013 when I got out of school. I was one of the first people to take the SIFT back then and there were no study guides besides leftover AFAST stuff. I went in with no preparation and got a 66. Girlfriend at the time talked me out of joining and all paperwork showing that I took it got lost.

Since then I have gone from zero time to PPL to commercial fixed wing with about 350 hours and I've been a flight test engineer for 4 years... The knowledge portion of it is pretty easy for me, but the other sections of the above book are nice so you can practice and know what to expect.

I'm using this: http://a.co/inJY3r4

I got about halfway through the WOFT process in 2013 when I got out of school. I was one of the first people to take the SIFT back then and there were no study guides besides leftover AFAST stuff. I went in with no preparation and got a 66. Girlfriend at the time talked me out of joining and all paperwork showing that I took it got lost.

Since then I have gone from zero time to PPL to commercial fixed wing with about 350 hours and I've been a flight test engineer for 4 years... The knowledge portion of it is pretty easy for me, but the other sections of the above book are nice so you can practice and know what to expect.

Appreciate it! Unfortunate that you got talked out of it last time, glad you're back at it again.

Hey guys. I'm processing out of South Florida as well.

I'm prior service with Fixed Wing PPL and have about 6 flights left on my IFR cert. (Broward College part 141)

Ive finished MEPS and Security interview in Miami last week. (Hurricane Irma pushed me back)

All other paperwork and test are done.

Ive already missed two boards and don't want to miss another.

My recruiter is also tracking a Flight Med for me out of Ft.Campbell as well. Let me know what you guys find out. I'm trying for the next board!

• 1 month later...