Physical before flight physical?

So, met with my recruiter again Friday. Basically asked him when he wants to set up the flight physical. After I asked him, he said I had to go to a regular MEPS station and get a physical before I went to get my flight physical from a flight surgeon. This didn't sound right to me, so hopefully, someone here has an answer to that. This is his first time having a woft hopeful.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Pretty sure you need the standard in depth entrance physical to be qualified to join, followed by the flight specific physical to see if you qualify for aviation. They both have areas that aren't included in the other physical.

Yes. MEPS physical and then flight physical.

Cool, thanks, guys! Just wanted to be 100%.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not been delayed, but my recruiter is under the impression that the physical comes after the board selection anyways. Seemed backwards to me to go through all of that trouble just to be turned down from the physical post selection from the board. Would like to know due to the cut off coming here is October 27th.

I have not been delayed, but my recruiter is under the impression that the physical comes after the board selection anyways. Seemed backwards to me to go through all of that trouble just to be turned down from the physical post selection from the board. Would like to know due to the cut off coming here is October 27th.

A stamped flight physical is a requirement for your board packet to even get looked at.