January Selection Board

I'm new to the forum and hoping to submit my first application by this November to be viewed in the January selection board. I've seen these topics for previous boards and figured that those of us in this forum applying for the January board could help each other out and chat with each other in hopes of meeting at WOCS!

GT: 114
SIFT: 67
APFT: 272
Military: 8 years active duty as a Scout.
Flight hours: 0
Physical: Part 2 this week.
Civ Ed: 25 credits, behind the power curve here.
LORs: Troop Commander, Squadron Commander, and CW4.

Good luck everyone! Here's to hoping the January board will be nice to us!

• Like 4

I'm new to the forum and hoping to submit my first application by this November to be viewed in the January selection board. I've seen these topics for previous boards and figured that those of us in this forum applying for the January board could help each other out and chat with each other in hopes of meeting at WOCS!

GT: 114

SIFT: 67

APFT: 272

Military: 8 years active duty as a Scout.

Physical: Part 2 this week.

Civ Ed: 25 credits, behind the power curve here.

LORs: Troop Commander, Squadron Commander, and CW4.

Good luck everyone! Here's to hoping the January board will be nice to us!

Best of luck!

As I mentioned in my other post I am hoping my physical finally gets stamped approved after months and months of stagnation. This will be my first attempt as well.

GT: 127
SIFT: 56
APFT: 250
Military: 9 years reserves with active experience as a financial management technician. UPL, CLS, MRT, ASIST, 2X division NCO (1 reserve, 1 AD) of the year and 2X Corps not NCO of the year (haha).
Physical: Final stamp pending
Civ Ed: 165 undergrad hours, BA in Liberal Arts, 40 graduate hours towards MBA
LORs: Company Commander, BG, and CW4.

This will be an AD packet.

• Like 1

As I mentioned in my other post I am hoping my physical finally gets stamped approved after months and months of stagnation. This will be my first attempt as well.

Military: 9 years reserves with active experience as a financial management technician. UPL, CLS, MRT, ASIST, 2X division NCO (1 reserve, 1 AD) of the year and 2X Corps not NCO of the year (haha).

Have you contacted the USAREC liaison for Aero Med at Fort Rucker? As long as your flight surgeon has submitted it they can expedite it.

My part 2 is scheduled for this Thursday and it will be complete. Everything else in my packet is complete, just need that blue stamp after my Thursday appointment so I can turn it in. I appreciate the advice to call the liaison to help expedite the process. I'll keep that in mind!

I've been lurking here since June and started the packet process in July. I'm HOPING to have my street to seat packet completed by the November deadline, and will DEFINITELY have it ready by the January deadline for the March board if not. (Packet has been done since October, waiting on security interview so I can schedule Battalion board, finally so I can submit).

GT: 139
SIFT: 58
APFT: 252, working out a lot in my free time to bump this up.
Military: 0
Physical: Passed
Civ Ed: BA in Biology, 124 credits
LORs: Civilian Employer (PhD), USAF 0-5 (Retired), and CW4 (AD).
Battalion Board: Waiting on security interview so I can schedule this.
Waivers: A moral waiver for MIP during college in 2010.

Good luck to all!

• Like 1

Here is the link to check your own application status. You do need to register for access but it is almost instantaneous. Best of luck.

https://vfso.rucker.amedd.army.mil/

Quick question,

I am currently a civilian (prior service USMC) that completed my stand-in WOFT board September 12th. I noticed on the September 2017 forum other civilians heard word they were selected. I am assuming I missed the deadline to be added to the September selection dates, so does anyone know when the next selection dates for civilians may be? Haven't heard anything from my recruiters since the September board I went to.

Thanks

Is there any way to check your application status as a civilian? Link doesn't work on a non-DOD computer. I haven't heard anything, and my physical was back in June.

Waiting on your stamp since June?! Yo find the guys number, believe his name is Mr. Garcia, id call him and explain to him that you've been waiting for almost 4 months for word and find out. It's possible the thing has been sitting stamped since June and someone dropped the ball. If you have some extenuating circumstances, or waivers maybe but a normal physical shouldn't take that long?

Waiting on your stamp since June?! Yo find the guys number, believe his name is Mr. Garcia, id call him and explain to him that you've been waiting for almost 4 months for word and find out. It's possible the thing has been sitting stamped since June and someone dropped the ball. If you have some extenuating circumstances, or waivers maybe but a normal physical shouldn't take that long?

I think I know the post you are referring to- I'll start making some calls. As far as I know, it should be a pretty standard physical- no waivers or anything like that. I just wasn't sure what the normal turnaround time was supposed to be. Thanks!

Looks like I'm finally going to get my packet finished up for January. Hurricane Irma slowed down the show for me. Stats:

GT: 135
SIFT: 68
APFT: 238
Military: 0
Flight hours: 400 Hours fixed wing commercial multi license with instrument rating
Physical: Stamped
Civ Ed: 2.5 GPA BS in Mechanical Engineering
LORs: Retired WO4, Retired Lt Col (aviation), Navy test pilot, civ company test pilot

Battalion Board: 12/13/17

Also, does anyone know the protocol for including certificates (pilot license, logbook entries, etc) in a packet? My recruiter says to just list them on my resume, but I would think it makes sense to include them.

Edited by Nickanicus

Also, does anyone know the protocol for including certificates (pilot license, logbook entries, etc) in a packet? My recruiter says to just list them on my resume, but I would think it makes sense to include them.

If you look on the checklist.... you will see an item labeled, COPIES of Professional Certificates, looks like a good place to put them. I wouldnt worry about your logbook entries though.

Damn quotations wont work for me either now.

Might as well add my information on here as well.

GT: 112
SIFT: 55
APFT: 300
Military: 5 years (prior-service USMC) meritorious E-5 as a Fixed Wing Airframe Mechanic
Physical: Complete with LASIK waiver
Civ Ed: BS in Aviation Management w/ 3.62 overall GPA, 168 credits
LORs: CO (O-5), MO (O-4), OIC (O-3) (USMC)

Battalion Board: Completed September 12th

• Like 1

have you

APFT: ~280
Military: 5 1/2 years as MI
Physical: Pending Stamp
Civ Ed: 21 credits
LORs: SF Company Commander (O-3), SF BC (LTC) & CW5 at Rucker.

Anyone know about how long it takes for AERO to stamp the 2808's? Submitted mine last Friday. Thanks guys, and Good Luck.

Have you checked the link for the status? If you wait for the flight surgeon to tell you its stamped that will probably never happen. Here is the link if you did not have it https://vfso.rucker.amedd.army.mil/

This is my first post but my packet is also going up for the January board..good luck to all here's my stats.

APFT: 264

Military: 12 years E-7, 10 AFS

Physical: G2G with stamp

Civ Ed: 116 SH, 3.7 GPA (last class finishes in Dec)

LORs: O-3, O-5 (SF but prior aviator), CW4, CW5

For those having issues with the flight physical, be patient. Started mine in APR didn't get stamped until SEP because of taking a migraine prescription 8 years ago and being around a blast during a deployment. It's frustrating but just be persistent. Good luck, hoping we are all selects coke Jan!

New to the forum, submitted my packet about two weeks ago. Have already done two rounds of corrections and waiting for a go at round three. I apologize for any grammatical errors, I am using a cell phone.

GT: 121

SIFT: 73

APFT: 284

Military: AD Army 10 yrs TIS, 11B: BLC, ALC, UPL, Airborne, RSLC, Ranger. On recruiting duty. No UCMJ

Med: stamped with approved waiver

Civilian ed: Associates in General studies. 3.2 GPA. 36 credits towards BS in Aeronautics.

LORs: CO, BC, CW5, Brigade CO and BG. (I included last two as they were required for the medical waiver)

I am impressed with this forum and the members who share information in order to help each other out.

Only thing i would add in... stay motivated and persistent. It took 3 months of waiting to get the LORs required to run my waiver. The reason for the wiaver was that i self referred to ASAP because i was drinking like a moron and wanted some help; even though It was supposed to he confidential LOL.

Best of luck to everyone applying!

New to the forum, submitted my packet about two weeks ago. Have already done two rounds of corrections and waiting for a go at round three. I apologize for any grammatical errors, I am using a cell phone.

GT: 121

SIFT: 73

APFT: 284

Military: AD Army 10 yrs TIS, 11B: BLC, ALC, UPL, Airborne, RSLC, Ranger. On recruiting duty. No UCMJ

Med: stamped with approved waiver

Civilian ed: Associates in General studies. 3.2 GPA. 36 credits towards BS in Aeronautics.

LORs: CO, BC, CW5, Brigade CO and BG. (I included last two as they were required for the medical waiver)

I am impressed with this forum and the members who share information in order to help each other out.

Only thing i would add in... stay motivated and persistent. It took 3 months of waiting to get the LORs required to run my waiver. The reason for the wiaver was that i self referred to ASAP because i was drinking like a moron and wanted some help; even though It was supposed to he confidential LOL.

Best of luck to everyone applying!

Great stats, good luck! Where are you recruiting at? I am in 1st BDE in Mid-Atlantic. Hopefully we can both escape haha