January Selection Board

- GT: 124
- SIFT: 68
- APFT: 288
- Military: 8 years AD Army SSG (P), 11B, Sergeant Audie Murphy Club, NCO of the Quarter/Year, Pathfinder, AA ETC.
- Civilian Education: 39 semester hours towards AS in Aeronautics Degree with a 4.0 GPA
- Flight: Some FW prior to the Army
- Physical: Stamped/No Waivers
- LORS: Company CO, BC, CW4

Third time trying to finish a packet. Physical took five months so if your working on one keep after it.

• Like 1

Might as well add my information on here as well.

GT: 112

SIFT: 55

APFT: 300

Military: 5 years (prior-service USMC) meritorious E-5 as a Fixed Wing Airframe Mechanic

Flight hours: 0

Physical: Complete with LASIK waiver

Civ Ed: BS in Aviation Management w/ 3.62 overall GPA, 168 credits

LORs: CO (O-5), MO (O-4), OIC (O-3) (USMC)

Battalion Board: Completed September 12th

Alright so I found out the long-form flight physical I completed was not valid for some reason because it was completed by the Navy and not the Army... So I am now likely (hopefully) going on the January board as well. However, I do still have to complete my flight physical again... As Rgr0713 said, definitely stay motived if you want to get into this program. I've been working towards this opportunity for almost two years now. I was medically disqualified July 2016, paid for vision correction and have continued working towards it since.

How long did most of you study for the SIFT? I am currently in college and preparing my packet, but haven't had much time to study due to other academic requirements.

I spent about six hours total however, math and physics have always been my strongest subjects. If you haven't been a "aviation nut" your whole life I'd set aside 30mins a day for about a month or so to do your best.

V/R

Jed

• Like 3

How long did most of you study for the SIFT? I am currently in college and preparing my packet, but haven't had much time to study due to other academic requirements.

I spent about 2 weeks studying for it. The best thing you can do for yourself is find a PDF copy of the FAA Rotarywing Flight Manual and read a chapter every day.

• Like 1

Fairly new to this forum, but it has sure helped me through the journey of submitting my packet. Especially in following the Commissioned Officer to Aviation Warrant Officer Thread in this forum. Sent my packet a couple weeks ago and it is currently at level 2 (Proponent). Hopefully the process goes well and I don't get too much kickback.

GT: NA
SIFT: 67
APFT: 286
Military: AD Army 7 yrs TIS, 11A: Currently a Rifle Company Commander, Ranger, Airborne, Air Assault, Mountain Warfare, Captain's Career Course. No UCMJ or any other derogatory actions.
Med: Complete
Civilian ed: Bachelor of Science. 2.7 GPA. University Studies (Yeah, had probably too much fun in college).
LORs: BN CDR, BDE CDR, Senior Warrant (CW5)

Any other Officers applying out there? I have to say it took me a lot of coordination with my recruiter to finally get my packet sent. There are a lot of unique requirements for an Officer application that you otherwise learn through trial and error. The ETP Waiver is a real thing if you have over 2 years ACFS as an Officer. No problem in getting branch to cooperate with the conditional release. I really lucked out in finding a provider that had some connects with the guy at Rucker who signs the physicals, stamped and complete within a day. That being said, I went through 3 other providers who were not nearly as persistent or concerned about getting it done in the short amount of time I had.

Good luck to all! And if anyone has any questions about the process, let me know!

-AngryJoe

New to the forum and looking to submit for the January board.

GT: 114
SIFT: 51
APFT: 271
Military: 8 years active duty as a Signal soldier.
Physical: Awaiting stamp back from Ft. Rucker
Civ Ed: 27 credits towards business degree

Waivers: None
LORs: NATO Company Commander, NATO BN Commander, and CW5 AD Aviator.

How long did it take you all to get your stamped physical back from Ft. Rucker? Part 2 was finished three weeks ago. I tried checking the status of it through the vfso website but it never loads up for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

My name is Leo. Im new to the forum and didnt want to post until I actually submitted my package. Here are my stats.

GT: 129

SIFT: 68

Military: Currently AD USAF 7 Yrs as A Blackhawk crew chief.

Flight hours: A bunch as a back ender.

Physical. Stamped 1W. Need Prk waiver.

Civ Ed: 2 x Associates degrees. 110 Credit hours.

Waivers: PRK (Eye surgery)

LORs: I work in a rescue unit so all mine came from home. Lt Col, Maj, Capt. My CW LOR came from a CW5 160th 152c pilot. (He is awesome and hooked me up a lot).

Anyone think this process is a pain in the ass? I have had nothing but headaches the entire time.

New to the forum and looking to submit for the January board.

GT: 114

SIFT: 51

Military: 8 years active duty as a Signal soldier.

Physical: Awaiting stamp back from Ft. Rucker

Civ Ed: 27 credits towards business degree

Waivers: None

LORs: NATO Company Commander, NATO BN Commander, and CW5 AD Aviator.

How long did it take you all to get your stamped physical back from Ft. Rucker? Part 2 was finished three weeks ago. I tried checking the status of it through the vfso website but it never loads up for me.

The vfso link only works on NIPR networks, we can't even access it through a SNAP terminal. Contact Mr Garcia at Fort Rucker he is the USAREC AERO med liaison, he can expedite your PHY once its submitted, his office # 334-598-8955 however emailing him on global works better.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a FYI but I submitted my packet on 27 Oct I believe, and when I emailed asking for a packet status last week I was told I had been boarded for the Nov board. So even if you miss a deadline, that board's was Sep 22, you can still make the board if your packet is straight .

Thanks. I missed this November 17th packet deadline because I have been waiting on signatures (recommendation letters & front cover), besides that my packet is completed. I thought I would have had to wait until March to be boarded. Looks like I would still get boarded for the January board.

Just a FYI but I submitted my packet on 27 Oct I believe, and when I emailed asking for a packet status last week I was told I had been boarded for the Nov board. So even if you miss a deadline, that board's was Sep 22, you can still make the board if your packet is straight .

Age - 28

GT - 121

SIFT - 72

APFT - 282

Military - 8 Years Active Duty (5 USMC, 3 USMCR as AR) , E-5 Sgt

CIV ED HS Diploma

Flight Hours 339 (CH-53E Crew Chief)

Flight Physical Qualified

Leadership Schools: Sergeants Residence Course (ALC Equivalent)

LOR - CO(MAJ), BC(LTC), CW3

FQ-NS from today's results. So now I need to resubmit.

Age - 28

GT - 121

SIFT - 72

APFT - 282

CIV ED HS Diploma

Don't have to resubmit it goes automatically to the next board if you change something it'll be an update

Age - 28

GT - 121

SIFT - 72

APFT - 282

CIV ED HS Diploma

Honestly, I'm astonished you didn't get picked up. Your packet is ideal for a PS flight warrant, minus the collegiate education. If I were you, I'd be pulling some strings with your LORs' to see if you can get some details as to why you were NS....Could be something simple. Could be something you can address in your essay.

Maybe try some flight training at your local base if they have a flight club. You don't need to get your license, but completing a ground school and at least soloing (10-15hours) could tip the packet in your favor...Good luck man

• 2 weeks later...

Long time lurker here. Its been a very long time coming. Have been working on my packet since SEPT 2016. I just got news that my flight physical was stamped, the final critical piece to my packet. Wasn't going to post here until I had it. All thats left is an APFT and my BN board.

GT: 129

SIFT: 77

APFT: 300

Military: None

Flight Hours: None

Physical: Stamped 1W

Civ Ed: Bachelors Political Science, GPA 2.42

Waivers: PRK, 29 JUN 17. Approved, no issues.

LORs: GEN, COL (Aviation), RET CW4 (UH-60 Pilot), COL (Close family friend)

*BN Board: Passed and Recommended, 9 DEC 18.

To all those that have posted on these boards, thank you. There has been a wealth of information here that has helped me almost every step of the way. Good luck to everybody.

• Like 1

Can someone provide a brief timeline for WOFT training? I know this is a broad question but I am just curious how long it would take from the start of BCT to getting into the cockpit for the first time. Thanks

This was posted here a while ago.

post-59204-0-87723300-1512679409_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Can someone provide a brief timeline for WOFT training? I know this is a broad question but I am just curious how long it would take from the start of BCT to getting into the cockpit for the first time. Thanks

Took me almost one year from bct arrival to nickel ride. Albeit, I had a 6 month hold in between. I would ballpark probably right around 6-8 months.

• Like 2

Has anyone been given the "Board Ready" status yet? I submitted my packet later than the packet deadline (November 17) but I have followed this forum for a while now and saw a few get selected with late packet submissions before.

No one I know ever received a packet status without first emailing the regional WO recruiter. The reply I got to mine was “your packet has been boarded” so don’t expect anything from USAREC unless you inquire.

• 4 weeks later...

Received notification that my packet is in a "board ready" status. I received the notification from the office of G-3 boards at HRC. I know a lot of people ask the question of when they will receive a "board ready" status so if you are in on the January board and waiting, it should come soon.

• Like 2