193 replies to this topic

#41 Rgr0713

Rgr0713

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 21:16

^^^^^^^

What Byte said....i was rather surprised as well. Try to add where you can, refine the ole essays, next board should be better that way.

#42 ForwardFlight

ForwardFlight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 00:37

Long time lurker here. Its been a very long time coming. Have been working on my packet since SEPT 2016. I just got news that my flight physical was stamped, the final critical piece to my packet. Wasn't going to post here until I had it. All thats left is an APFT and my BN board. 

GT: 129
SIFT: 77
APFT: 300
Military: None
Flight Hours: None
Physical: Stamped 1W
Civ Ed: Bachelors Political Science, GPA 2.42
Waivers: PRK, 29 JUN 17. Approved, no issues.
LORs: GEN, COL (Aviation), RET CW4 (UH-60 Pilot), COL (Close family friend)

*BN Board: Passed and Recommended, 9 DEC 18.

To all those that have posted on these boards, thank you. There has been a wealth of information here that has helped me almost every step of the way. Good luck to everybody.
  • Dmurray likes this

#43 niner5

niner5

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 15:06

Can someone provide a brief timeline for WOFT training? I know this is a broad question but I am just curious how long it would take from the start of BCT to getting into the cockpit for the first time. Thanks

#44 JH11B

JH11B

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Company working for:U.S. Army

Posted 07 December 2017 - 15:43

Can someone provide a brief timeline for WOFT training? I know this is a broad question but I am just curious how long it would take from the start of BCT to getting into the cockpit for the first time. Thanks

This was posted here a while ago.

Attached Files

• niner5 likes this

#45 StockTrader

StockTrader

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:Trucks, Baseball, Helicopters
  • Company working for:CW2, US Army, 64 Driver

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:04

Took me almost one year from bct arrival to nickel ride. Albeit, I had a 6 month hold in between. I would ballpark probably right around 6-8 months.
  • Dmurray and niner5 like this

#46 UnchainedJay

UnchainedJay

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:52

Has anyone been given the "Board Ready" status yet? I submitted my packet later than the packet deadline (November 17) but I have followed this forum for a while now and saw a few get selected with late packet submissions before.

#47 scanmom1985

scanmom1985

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 13:35

My husband had his board on Dec 1 and they told him his packet is headed to Rucker now.

#48 JH11B

JH11B

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Company working for:U.S. Army

Posted 14 December 2017 - 15:10

Has anyone been given the "Board Ready" status yet? I submitted my packet later than the packet deadline (November 17) but I have followed this forum for a while now and saw a few get selected with late packet submissions before.

No one I know ever received a packet status without first emailing the regional WO recruiter. The reply I got to mine was “your packet has been boarded” so don’t expect anything from USAREC unless you inquire.

#49 WillyB

WillyB

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:16

Corrections/updates are due today for anyone still working.
  • UnchainedJay likes this

#50 AngryJoe

AngryJoe

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 22:19

Received notification that my packet is in a "board ready" status.  I received the notification from the office of G-3 boards at HRC.  I know a lot of people ask the question of when they will receive a "board ready" status so if you are in on the January board and waiting, it should come soon. 

• Geniee and UnchainedJay like this

#51 lrob625

lrob625

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:24

It's been years in the making but finally got my packet completed and submitted from Korea. Here's what I'm working with:

GT: 140

SIFT: 66

APFT: 252

Military: 3.9 years AD as a 19K; SGT as of 1 July 2017

Flight Hours: None

Physical: G2G

Civ. Ed: 59 hrs, 3.1 GPA

Waiver: PI charge before joining the military in 2013; $250 fine paid

LORs: CW4, Battalion Commander, Company Commander

I'm wondering if any of y'all have heard anything about moral waivers; from what the warrants around here have said it's not a huge deal as long as you're honest and it's nothing beyond a minor misdemeanor. Any thoughts?

Good luck to all!

#52 Geniee

Geniee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 13:52

Received notification that my packet is in a "board ready" status.  I received the notification from the office of G-3 boards at HRC.  I know a lot of people ask the question of when they will receive a "board ready" status so if you are in on the January board and waiting, it should come soon. 

I received a board ready status yesterday as well. Best of luck!

#53 UnchainedJay

UnchainedJay

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 00:20

Received my board ready status as well this week. Best of luck to you all. Hopefully it will be a high selection rate this month.

#54 honeybadger

honeybadger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 13:35

Just got this in my inbox. Less competition for you guys I guess.

SUBJECT: Request for Active Federal Service Waiver

1.The enclosed active Federal service waiver request for Warrant Officer assignment in Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) 153A for , SSG  is disapproved.

2.Active Federal service waivers requests are not routinely approved. AR 135-100paragraph 1-6 specifies the Army goal of accessing Warrant Officers with 8 years or less of service. Warrant Officer applicants with concurrent call to active duty must not have exceeded 12 years of active Federal service as of the date the DA Form 61 is signed by the applicant. SSG   has over 13 years of active Federal service. While SSG   service to the nation is recognized, his active Federal service simply places him outside the accessions window for MOS 153A.

3.This waiver disposition will remain in effect for 12 months from the date of this memorandum.

• Djbred18 likes this

#55 Djbred18

Djbred18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:09

Its horsepoop. Theyre logic for afs waivers is severely flawed

#56 scanmom1985

scanmom1985

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:07

Anyone else feel like we are close, but yet so far? I am on here everyday. I am a nervous wreck!

#57 scanmom1985

scanmom1985

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:07

Anyone else feel like we are close, but yet so far? I am on here everyday. I am a nervous wreck!

#58 AngryJoe

AngryJoe

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:12

I have a lot riding on this and theres no doubt Im anxious about it. For active duty peeps, we will find out the Tuesday or Wednesday after the board (30 or 31 January). They give the civilian results out sooner, like the week of the board. My wife and I talk about it multiple times a day and hope it works out. Good luck everyone, and hope to see some good news on this post following the selection!
  • scanmom1985 likes this

#59 scanmom1985

scanmom1985

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:22

We can totally relate. We are civilian, but have been in the process almost 2 years. It has taken over our lives, in a good way. Now we just sit back and wait. (So much easier said...)
  • scanmom1985 likes this

#60 UnchainedJay

UnchainedJay

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 14:06

This forum has became apart of my home page when I open up my browser. It definitely helps to relieve being anxious. I also can relate and have alot of things riding on this. I even canceled a family cruise trip just in case I get a class date lol. Best of luck to you all. Only a few more days to go...
  • Lindsey likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Genesys VR Forum 200MaunaLoaVRHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200Spectrum_VRHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeNFCVRForum200Home