January Selection Board

It's been years in the making but finally got my packet completed and submitted from Korea. Here's what I'm working with:

GT: 140

SIFT: 66

APFT: 252

Military: 3.9 years AD as a 19K; SGT as of 1 July 2017

Flight Hours: None

Physical: G2G

Civ. Ed: 59 hrs, 3.1 GPA

Waiver: PI charge before joining the military in 2013; $250 fine paid

LORs: CW4, Battalion Commander, Company Commander

I'm wondering if any of y'all have heard anything about moral waivers; from what the warrants around here have said it's not a huge deal as long as you're honest and it's nothing beyond a minor misdemeanor. Any thoughts?

Good luck to all!

• Like 1

Received notification that my packet is in a "board ready" status. I received the notification from the office of G-3 boards at HRC. I know a lot of people ask the question of when they will receive a "board ready" status so if you are in on the January board and waiting, it should come soon.

I received a board ready status yesterday as well. Best of luck!

• Like 1

Just got this in my inbox. Less competition for you guys I guess.

SUBJECT: Request for Active Federal Service Waiver

1.The enclosed active Federal service waiver request for Warrant Officer assignment in Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) 153A for , SSG is disapproved.

2.Active Federal service waivers requests are not routinely approved. AR 135-100paragraph 1-6 specifies the Army goal of accessing Warrant Officers with 8 years or less of service. Warrant Officer applicants with concurrent call to active duty must not have exceeded 12 years of active Federal service as of the date the DA Form 61 is signed by the applicant. SSG has over 13 years of active Federal service. While SSG service to the nation is recognized, his active Federal service simply places him outside the accessions window for MOS 153A.

3.This waiver disposition will remain in effect for 12 months from the date of this memorandum.

• Like 1

Anyone else feel like we are close, but yet so far? I am on here everyday. I am a nervous wreck!

I have a lot riding on this and theres no doubt Im anxious about it. For active duty peeps, we will find out the Tuesday or Wednesday after the board (30 or 31 January). They give the civilian results out sooner, like the week of the board. My wife and I talk about it multiple times a day and hope it works out. Good luck everyone, and hope to see some good news on this post following the selection!

• Like 1

It has been a long time since I first began following this forum and now I am making my first post. I really want to thank this forum and all the posters for all of the information located within this forum and for inspiring me to get my packet completed.

My stats:

GT: 114

SIFT: 46

APFT: 277

Military: AD Army E-6(P), 7 years TIS

Military Experience: BLC, ALC, Airborne, SERE LVL C, 2 Afghanistan deployments, 2 South America deployments

Civilian Ed: 60 credits towards BS in Biology

Flight: None

Physical: Complete and stamped

Waivers: Age and Moral (approved)

LOR: CC(O-4), BC(O-5), CW4(UH-60 IP)

I didnt want to post until I knew which board my packet would be competing in and I was waiting for the results of my waiver requests. Yesterday I received the disposition memo from the Army G-1 office stating that my age and moral waiver have been approved. That memo placed my packet into a board ready status. Now I am even more nervous/anxious for next week and the days leading up to the posting of the results. As much as this forum has helped me, let me know if there are any questions or ways that I can help out anybody putting a packet together. Good luck to everybody competing in next weeks board!

Kind of a weird question...

Does anyone know if there are civilian staff on these selection boards? Just wondering if the government shutdown is going to effect next week's board or not.

I was serving as a recruiter during the last Government shutdown in 2013. The board will probably still convene, however, the results are going to be long in coming as USAREC and Army HRC rely very heavily on DA civilians and they will all be furloughed until the Government is funded.

I was serving as a recruiter during the last Government shutdown in 2013. The board will probably still convene, however, the results are going to be long in coming as USAREC and Army HRC rely very heavily on DA civilians and they will all be furloughed until the Government is funded.

I was in USAREC then as well, unfortunately still here. DA civilians have a lot of task especially with personnel. They all have to report Monday but I was asking if anyone had any personal knowledge on the board process and if it will definitely effect it or not. I appreciate your insight though.

Well I figure I may as well ask while I'm here. I'm waiting to hear back this week for the January board on my packet. I've been working at this for almost 2 years now so I'm super anxious. Can I get any feedback on my stats?

GT: 126

SIFT: 61

APFT: 278

Education: HS Diploma

Flight Time: 65 Hours fixed wing

LOR: AD MAJ AH-64 pilot, ret. Air Force CMSgt., ret. Navy Lt. pilot

MISC: No discriminators, legal offences, or waivers.

Leadership: Made C/Capt in Civil Air Patrol and commanded an encampment as well as PJOC graduate

Looking for feedback while i anxiously wait to hear something this week

FYI,

"***JANUARY WARRANT OFFICER SELECTION BOARD (WOSB) DELAYED TO 5-9 FEBRUARY 2018***

Ladies and Gentlemen, due to the on-going government shutdown and restricted travel requirements, the JAN 2018 WOSB is delayed to 5-9 FEB 2018. Packets reaching a "board ready" status between now and 5 FEB 18 will be held until the MARCH WOSB. The New Packet submission deadline for the March WOSB remains 26 JAN 18. All remaining WOSB's and packet deadlines remain as scheduled. " - Warrant Officer Recruiting FB page

Hey guys,

I am a reservist from Florida, trying to get on the March board! Do you guys have any tips for me??

My stats:
GT: 116
SIFT: 48
APFT: 255
Military: RC Army E-4 4 years
Military Experience: None really :(
Civilian Ed: BS Degree in Computer Science completed
Flight: None
Physical: Complete and stamped
Waivers: N/A
LOR: CC, BC, CW4