January Selection Board

This is my first time posting a forum so please bear with me. I am hoping I get some useful information form whoever. I just out the military and am looking to submit a WOFT application once I am done with my guard time. Luckily I only signed up for a year. I am currently in a civilian flight school, and by Oct I should be an instrument and commercial rated pilot. Oct 2018 is my last month in the NG. These are my questions:

1) Since I will be a civilian, will I be attending a BN board with my recruiters unit?

2) About when after the board do you find out if you got selected?

3) After getting selected how and when do you sign your aviation contract?

I am waiting till after my guard contract due to the fact that I stepped on the wrong person toes and getting letters of recommendations will be close to impossible. Therefore I will just wait it out till Oct, continue my flight college, and submit as a civilian that way I do not need a CMDs LOR. If anyone could let me know if this makes sense to do please be as straightforward as possible.

Some of the dates may be a little different but you can tell who will have the same class based on the class number. October 1st starts the fiscal year for the military so the first class of the year (01) will start in the beginning of October. Looks like they have about 2 classes a month-ish. The second class of the month and year starts later in October.

My class report date is 08 OCT (Class 01) but I'm trying to move it left a month or two.

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

Never posted CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I also got picked up. I haven't received a class date yet. I'm guessing thats because i'm AF and overseas.

-Leo

Should be getting one pretty soon. If you don't see anything in your email within the next week or so might have to start hitting some people up. Being overseas shouldn't be a huge factor since I'm deployed and already got a date. AD Army though so maybe taking a bit to work you in since youre AF? *shrug*

• Like 1

I have a couple questions regarding the RFO, getting orders, and early reporting time frame. First question, will the RFO come to my enterprise email like the class dates or will it be in my AKO? I have been told it should show up in the Assignment Satisfaction Key (ASK) link on AKO but the ASK link/website has been down for a while. Second question coming from the AD side, will I be able to PCS and report early? Reason for this is the 28AUG2018 class date I have is around the time school starts in Alabama and I have a child I will need to get registered for school. I do plan on taking leave before class starts in order to do the PCS and get my family mostly settled before school starts. Thanks in advance for any information!

I have a couple questions regarding the RFO, getting orders, and early reporting time frame. First question, will the RFO come to my enterprise email like the class dates or will it be in my AKO? I have been told it should show up in the Assignment Selection Key (ASK) link on AKO but the ASK link/website has been down for a while. Second question coming from the AD side, will I be able to PCS and report early? Reason for this is the 28AUG2018 class date I have is around the time school starts in Alabama and I have a child I will need to get registered for school. I do plan on taking leave before class starts in order to do the PCS and get my family mostly settled before school starts. Thanks in advance for any information!

The RFO wont be on ASK there is a separate page under Iperms for it. My orders said 30 early reporting but I was advised by others that came before not to since HHC doesnt like having people waiting for class if they can avoid it. And I had to move mid school year with my children and it wasnt too bad, except getting shot records transferred.

The RFO wont be on ASK there is a separate page under Iperms for it. My orders said 30 early reporting but I was advised by others that came before not to since HHC doesnt like having people waiting for class if they can avoid it. And I had to move mid school year with my children and it wasnt too bad, except getting shot records transferred.

Thanks for the heads up! I checked my email today after being on pass Thursday and Friday and discovered an email dated 9MAR2018 with my RFO. I am so excited to start preparing and doing everything I need to do to head to Rucker!

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I could find an up to date WOCS SOP? I want to start preparing all of my gear and the copy I received from a friend was last updated August 2014. I have looked around the WOCC website and could only find the welcome letter and orientation packet.

• Like 1

Unless somebody "borrowed" one from wocs you won't find one. I graduated in November and we had the "new" one which had lots of errors so there might be a new one but it doesn't matter. There is nothing to worry about in WOCS. You will have time to stencil your gear once you get there and that's about it when it comes ti having the WOCSOP beforehand.

Unless somebody "borrowed" one from wocs you won't find one. I graduated in November and we had the "new" one which had lots of errors so there might be a new one but it doesn't matter. There is nothing to worry about in WOCS. You will have time to stencil your gear once you get there and that's about it when it comes ti having the WOCSOP beforehand.

A new wocsop started being issued a couple of classes ago. We were told that 18-04 was the last class to have to stencil. Dont worry about getting a wocsop early. You have 5 days of just sitting around where you have plenty of time to read up. There were people in my class who made it through just fine and never even read it, but it will certainly make your life easier.

• Like 1

A new wocsop started being issued a couple of classes ago. We were told that 18-04 was the last class to have to stencil. Dont worry about getting a wocsop early. You have 5 days of just sitting around where you have plenty of time to read up. There were people in my class who made it through just fine and never even read it, but it will certainly make your life easier.

Am I reading that correctly that there is no more stenciling? I will be signing in the whole 10 days prior because that is what is listed for my report date. So is that right that it will take approximately 5 days to in-process Ft. Rucker and then we will have 5 days give or take to read up on the SOP?

Am I reading that correctly that there is no more stenciling? I will be signing in the whole 10 days prior because that is what is listed for my report date. So is that right that it will take approximately 5 days to in-process Ft. Rucker and then we will have 5 days give or take to read up on the SOP?

Sorry to crush the hope, but Im in 18-12 have a friend in 18-10 and were still stenciling and yes I have the SOP and am sitting in the HHC barracks. Also in-processing only takes 2-3 days then you just do details for HHC waiting for your class to report.

Sorry to crush the hope, but Im in 18-12 have a friend in 18-10 and were still stenciling and yes I have the SOP and am sitting in the HHC barracks. Also in-processing only takes 2-3 days then you just do details for HHC waiting for your class to report.

I was really thinking that I would have to see that to believe that they did away with stenciling! Check your PM inbox JH11B, I sent you a message.