• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wannabepilot12

Wannabepilot12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 22:39

So I have tired looking through the forums for some sheriff aviation units but mostly came across state police. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any bigger sheriff departments with aviation units that have a larger amount of helicopters. 

#2 ShelbyFlyer

ShelbyFlyer

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 21:52

Los Angeles County is the first that comes to mind:

Presently the LASD Aero Bureau operates a total of 18 helicopters making it the largest fleet of helicopters operated by any Sheriff's Department in the U.S. This would be appropriate since the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department is the largest sheriff's department in the world with over 8,500 sworn deputies and another 5,800 civilian employees. 

-From their website

• Wannabepilot12 likes this

#3 Wannabepilot12

Wannabepilot12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 19:39

Ill have to check that out! Thanks for the help!

#4 ShelbyFlyer

ShelbyFlyer

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:53

You might also find the information you seek at the Airborne Law Enforcement Assoc. page: ALEA.org

#5 crashed_05

crashed_05

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Company working for:Leading Edge Aviation, Inc. ATP, Gold Seal CFII, MEI, IGI, AGI, & A&P

Posted 11 November 2017 - 19:37

I second the ALEA website.  If you have a membership, you can search their database with every aviation law enforcement agency with an aviation unit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

PBH_HeliHarbor200ColoradoHeliOpsHome200Genesys VR Forum 200NFCVRForum200HomeHeliHelmets-VR HomeAble_VRHOme200DevoreHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200