13 replies to this topic

#1 Sabell44

Sabell44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:41

Hi all,

Recently heard about this website and I am immediately hooked. I am hoping to get some feedback on my unsubmitted WO packet for the December board. I am currently in school but will be finished before the board. I am also not contracted in ROTC. No previous military experience.

3.5 years undergrad credit towards Geology Major. 3.2 GPA

GT: 130

SIFT: 70

Physicals: G2G

Flight time: only a few hours (5 by the board submission)

LOR: 06, 03, WO3, Current Employer

Any suggestions on what to put in my letter to improve my opportunities?

Thanks! 

• TeoerryNug likes this

#2 Stump

Stump

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 13:48

Looks like a... rock solid... packet so far.

Do you have any volunteer time or any extracurriculars?

#3 DaveC

DaveC

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 00:11

With a 4 year degree go commissioned AF or Navy.
  • ByteFlighter likes this

See the light, push the button, get the banana.

#4 ByteFlighter

ByteFlighter

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Happy Hookers, Steel Rain, Black Deaths,
    Tiny Birds
  • Company working for:USARACTRCAS

Posted 23 October 2017 - 13:13

There

Hi all,

Recently heard about this website and I am immediately hooked. I am hoping to get some feedback on my unsubmitted WO packet for the December board. I am currently in school but will be finished before the board. I am also not contracted in ROTC. No previous military experience.

3.5 years undergrad credit towards Geology Major. 3.2 GPA

GT: 130

SIFT: 70

Physicals: G2G

Flight time: only a few hours (5 by the board submission)

LOR: 06, 03, WO3, Current Employer

Any suggestions on what to put in my letter to improve my opportunities?

Thanks! 

There is no December board. There is a November board and a January board.

Only pick the best 3 LORs. The regs suggest up to 6 LORs, but no board member is going to sort through 6 LORS on board day.

Everything else looks fine, only I don't see an APFT score which is a rather big part of the packet.

#5 Sabell44

Sabell44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 17:32

My APFT is 236. My apologies, it must be the January board, but the initial board is December 19th for my recruiting station. 

#6 Sabell44

Sabell44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 17:37

Looks like a... rock solid... packet so far.

Do you have any volunteer time or any extracurriculars?

If I did, would I mention them in my essay or is there additional documentation they need?

#7 ByteFlighter

ByteFlighter

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
    Tiny Birds

Posted 25 October 2017 - 20:31

Your packet is solid. I'm glad you are being honest about your APFT score as a lot of people on here tend to lie about that part when they post stats and then wonder why they got rejected from the board....

The only issue I see is your PFT score. Though, with this recruiting climate for flight warrants, I doubt youd be rejected. That isn't a pass though, you need that score up above 260; it will really help you along the way if you get selected. Keep at it.

The January board for civilian applicants is the 22nd of January or the 13th of November. I can see how you got the battalion board (interview) mixed up as recruiters really only talk about that date instead of the USAREC board....Youll do fine on the Battalion board as well if you have a functioning prefrontal cortex and can make eye contact for longer than 3 seconds.

Cut those LORS down! And you need to make a resume. Dont put e.c. Activities and such in your essay unless they clearly state why these things would make you an asset to the Army. Resumé resumé resumeÉ

Final note: you can submit an updated APFT score bout 5 business days prior to the January USAREC board. I suggest you take the next 2 and a half months to bring that score up to 260+

#8 Thedude

Thedude

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 22:53

Your packet is probably the last time anyone will care what your PT score is as a warrant.

#9 Sabell44

Sabell44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 23:12

Honestly your packet is solid. Im glad you are being honest about your APFT score as a lot of people on here tend to lie about that part when they post stats and then wonder why they got rejected from the board....

The only issue I see is your PFT score. Honestly though, with this recruiting climate for flight warrants, I doubt youd be rejected. That isnt a pass though, you need that score up above 260; it will really help you along the way if you get selected. Keep at it.

The January board for civilian applicants is the 22nd of January or the 13th of November. I can see how you got the battalion board (interview) mixed up as recruiters really only talk about that date instead of the USAREC board....Youll do fine on the Battalion board as well if you have a functioning prefrontal cortex and can make eye contact for longer than 3 seconds.

Cut those LORS down! And you need to make a resume. Dont put e.c. Activities and such in your essay unless they clearly state why these things would make you an asset to the Army. Resumé resumé resumeÉ

Final note: you can submit an updated APFT score bout 5 business days prior to the January USAREC board. I suggest you take the next 2 and a half months to bring that score up to 260+

Thank you so much! This was super helpful! Any suggestions on improving my sit-up score aside from just sit-ups?

#10 ByteFlighter

ByteFlighter

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
    Tiny Birds

Posted 26 October 2017 - 16:43

Your packet is probably the last time anyone will care what your PT score is as a warrant.

LOL.

Until A/C selection. Even then I heard the score has been diluted in your overall.

#11 ByteFlighter

ByteFlighter

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
    Tiny Birds

Posted 26 October 2017 - 16:46

Thank you so much! This was super helpful! Any suggestions on improving my sit-up score aside from just sit-ups?

Just more sit ups and planks. Unless you have access to a gym and want to get into some other work outs to build your core.

#12 Thedude

Thedude

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:01

LOL.

Until A/C selection. Even then I heard the score has been diluted in your overall.

Its still all about averages. I did the math before my selection and a 180 APFT gave me about a 93% for the OML. I did an easy 200ish and selected third in order and first for the airframe I preferred, which fit with what I knew my classmates grades and preferences to be.

#13 Sabell44

Sabell44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 18:28

Can someone explain A/C selection and what factors you "did the math" with?

#14 AFmarksman

AFmarksman

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Company working for:B

Posted 05 November 2017 - 23:04

Youre ranked based upon your overall weighted grade (expressed as a percentage, out of almost 700 total points). Your grade includes every scorable item from WOBC, BRWS, BI, ARWIS, BTN, BWS, and the selection APFT. Youll know (or can find) every items weight. The APFT is weighted at 16 points, so you can do the math to see what impact your score will have on your overall grade.

It might seem like a couple test questions or a few pushups wont matter, but they will. I just selected, and two tenths of a percent (yes, 0.2%) separated me from the next guy.

Your rank depends a lot on your class as well. In some classes, a 95% will be top of the class. In another class, thatll put you in the middle of the pack. In our class, top pick had a 96.4%.
  • Dmurray and Hebertaviation like this
"[Dothan] looks like a mix between Chernobyl and a Meth lab, crossed with the Cracker Barrel." -Jberto89

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warrant Officer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ColoradoHeliOpsHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200DevoreHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomePBH_HeliHarbor200Able_VRHOme200Genesys VR Forum 200NFCVRForum200Home