WOFT packet general question

First off thanks to anyone that took the time to read this.

I'm an USAF E-4 in the medical corps and I've been working on my packet for about 4 months now. Studying the FAA handbook as well as Fundamenals of Flight (Army FM 3-04,203) for the SIFT for about 30 mins a day command won't let me test for the SIFT until after I have cleared the flight physical. I got a flight physical sometime this month (helps that I work in an hospital). PT has never been an issue. I'm OCONUS and I'm PCSing to CONUS in January. Headed to Florida not to mention I sew on E-5 in June so extra leadership courses are gonna be due. My question is that I am only at 3 years TOS, should I wait to get the extra NCO training or should i finish my packet up and just hunt for LOR's once I get to my new duty station? I have a lot of time on my hands at the moment so getting my packet finished isn't a big deal. I just want to be as competitive as possible.

Again thanks,

Respectfully...

• Like 1

You can submit updates to your packet as you get them up to a few weeks before the board date. I would watch out sending in a packet you dont feel is strong though. If you dont get selected twice ( your packing it automatically submitted to the next board if you dont get picked up) then you have to wait a year before you can submit again. So keep that in mind. Should you wait and get all the leadership courses in to beef up your packet, or do you think its strong enough now to be picked up? They are taking people like crazy so now is the perfect time to be applying though.

• Like 1

You can submit updates to your packet as you get them up to a few weeks before the board date. I would watch out sending in a packet you dont feel is strong though. If you dont get selected twice ( your packing it automatically submitted to the next board if you dont get picked up) then you have to wait a year before you can submit again. So keep that in mind. Should you wait and get all the leadership courses in to beef up your packet, or do you think its strong enough now to be picked up? They are taking people like crazy so now is the perfect time to be applying though.

I feel confident in my packet. I have a lot of support from people in my chain of command which is making this process easier. I have day 2 of my physical coming up soon so that will open me up to taking the SIFT (finally). I plan to be board ready right after I arrive on station in FEB. I just didn't want me TOS to hold me back. Thanks for the advice.