VOLO_VRGeneral468Helicopter AcademyTigerTugsVRForumGen468UpperLimit2011General_468x60
Photo
- - - - -

Hauling a 206

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BMA

BMA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:27

I'm looking to haul a 206B across the country. I know many will say to ferry the bird, but I feel hauling will save me more money. I have heard road vibrations can lead to damage in tailcone, rotors, pitchlinks, etc. I'm looking for some advice from those who have hauled a 206 and suggestions on trailer length, axle position, suspension, etc... I wouldn't mind hearing some horror stories on hauling if you have them too!
  • TeoerryNug likes this

#2 DizzyD

DizzyD

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 13:23

Seen it done right and seen it done wrong...wrong could be an expensive mistake.  You're taking the right step by researching thoroughly. Can't help personally but some good reading here:

http://helicopterfor...ge-2?hl=flatbed

If no one on the board can help on Bells maybe reach out to folks that do it regularly for advice:

https://srhelicopter...copter-hauling/

• TomPPL likes this

#3 r22butters

r22butters

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • Location:Pluto,...at least until the next election :) ,...damn the wifi here is unbelievable!
  • Interests:Admiring the city lights and coastal sunsets from a thousand feet,...when I have the dough. :)

,...oh' yeah, and boobs!
    😕+🍟+🚁+🌃=☺
  • Company working for:Just a happy casual renter! :)

Posted 12 November 2017 - 13:47

Well you could just find a lowtimer to pay you to ferry it!

,...but if you really want to ship it, Rotocraft Pro always has an ad in it from a company that hauls choppers! farreninternational.com

http://content.yudu....dex.html?page=7
The only dream I have left is to live long enough to see the pilot shortage. Its been about fifteen years since they first told me it was coming, so,...

Aaaaaaaany day now! :D

#4 adam32

adam32

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • Company working for:Just keeping the bills paid!!

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:46

Get a trailer that was built to haul around helicopters, they are out there. A lot of AG guys trailer everywhere. I trailered a Hiller from CA to NE, I took the blades off, strapped everything down nicely and no troubles.

The biggest mistake guys make is trying to "firm" them up: blocking under the tail, holding the blades rigid, etc...they NEED to be able to flex like they do it flight.

#5 ARM_Coder

ARM_Coder

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 18:02

At the flight school I heard once that the gyroscopic instruments were particularly sensitive to bumps. Not sure really, but I'd seek more info on this.

Cheers!

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

ColoradoHeliOpsGeneral200NFCVRGeneral200PrecisionVRForumGeneral200Able_VRGeneral200PBH_HeliHarbor200_GeneralGenesys VRForum200_GeneralDevoreGeneral200HeliHelmetsMaunaLoaSoftwareVRGeneral200