Army Reserve to Active Duty WO packet

I've got a good friend looking to make the move from Army Reserves to Active Duty with his WOFT packet. He's gotten a lot of mixed answers with some saying he needs to go through an Army WO recruiter, and others saying he'll need to work with a normal AD recruiter and get a conditional release from the reserve to include in his packet.

Is there anybody on here that has completed this switch successfully who can help shed some light on the process?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

I've got a good friend looking to make the move from Army Reserves to Active Duty with his WOFT packet. He's gotten a lot of mixed answers with some saying he needs to go through an Army WO recruiter, and others saying he'll need to work with a normal AD recruiter and get a conditional release from the reserve to include in his packet.

Is there anybody on here that has completed this switch successfully who can help shed some light on the process?

Thanks in advance.

I can probably offer some advice, as I am in the very same boat.

In short, neither the ascension NCO/Officer or recruiter will be able to help with the entire process. The entire process will be in his hands. Now, if the OPAT pertains to him, then a recruiter will be of help for that, and all personal records his ascensions NCO can help with (or he can get them himself).

It is a bit of a headache but overall I view it as a good thing as I don't have to rely on someone else to push for answers on individual pieces. The physical will be the biggest hurdle, but he should contact the nearest AD facility or smaller Camp/Park. For example, I live in Indiana and have Camp Atterbury and Fort Knox within a few hours of where I live. Atterbury took several dozen phone calls, but was able to get an appointment...Fort Knox was much easier to get ahold of and was also pretty easy to get an appointment.

The biggest piece of advice I can give your friend is to have the phase II physical scheduled before submitting the Conditional Release. My conditional release had expired before my physical was done and it had to be brought back to my general which he had asked about during my LOR interview haha.

I have a completed packet now so if your or your friend has any direct questions please feel free to message me.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Not sure if you are still looking for input. But I am also Army Reserve and was just selected on the JAN-FEB board (active duty). It was all on me to get everything lined up and submitted. I am currently waiting on class dates from HRC, then i will have a recruiter schedule an appointment through MEPs. As i get more information i can post on my experiences.