The job of the future is here,...better start preparing!

r22butters

Start playing with that old toy helicopter, learn how to fix it, and go back to college!

JSfirm

Return to Search

Helicopter Pilot

Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA Napa, California, USA

Position Type: Permanent

Jobs at Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA

ApplyPrintShare

Job Description:

Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a Helicopter Pilot to join our Unmanned Systems Division in Napa, CA. This role will serve as a pilot for Yamaha Motor Corporate US in unmanned helicopter business for agriculture. The role will provide aerial application services in agriculture primarily utilizing Yamaha unmanned helicopters. The ability to perform maintenance of unmanned aircraft and effectively communicate with customers will also be critical.

Specific duties include, but are not limited to:

Pilot of Yamaha Unmanned helicopters

Perform Unmanned helicopter operations in the agricultural field (planning, spraying and cleanup) including acting as a pilot, visual observer and/or chemical handler

Perform maintenance on unmanned helicopters and other agricultural equipment in Yamaha fleet

Prepare and create procedural documentation for unmanned helicopter operations as they support agricultural businesses.

Assist with research projects related to UAS topics on an as needed basis.

Promote and market Yamahas agricultural services at local trade shows.

Reviews document specifications with customers to ensure final documents clearly and effectively communicate technical information and data.

Meet with customers and potential customers and coordinate schedules to flight operations and demonstrations.

Job Requirements:

Bachelors degree in Aviation related field preferred

Commercial Pilot License

Pest Control Aircraft Pilot Certification/License Preferred

Knowledgeable with RC equipment and operations (helicopters preferred)

2-4 years unmanned helicopter maintenance experience

Must be able to organize, schedule and coordinate work phases and determine the appropriate approach at the task or project level

Current FAA Medical Certification

Strong communicator with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills

The ability to identify issues and develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex technical problems

10% travel required

Reports to: Division Manager, Unmanned Systems Division

Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer

Salary Range: Neg-Neg

Relocation:

Travel:

Job Ident #: JSfirm.com

ApplyPrintShare

Company Overview

Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA

6555 Katella Ave

Cypress, California 90630 USA

www.yamaha-motor.com

Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, a...

Drones make sense for a few jobs in our industry. Spraying smaller crops is one, news gathering is another, line patrol for powerline or pipeline.....however I don't see them taking over fire fighting (during the day), external load work, EMS, or 135 passengers transportation. I'm sure folks will not agree with me but I definitely don't feel threatened in my line of work.

Drones make sense for a few jobs in our industry. Spraying smaller crops is one, news gathering is another, line patrol for powerline or pipeline.....however I don't see them taking over fire fighting (during the day), external load work, EMS, or 135 passengers transportation. I'm sure folks will not agree with me but I definitely don't feel threatened in my line of work.

Well look at it this way. The more jobs that are lost to drones, means more competition for the ones that are left.

,...and suddenly you need 3000 hours to fly tours for Papillon! :)