I know its been discussed before, just thought I'd see if there were any new kids around to give the current trend?

r22butters

The other night while I was shutting down, a 44 fired up and did a few trips around the pattern, then came back in. Thing is, each time around he just brought it to a hover, then pushed through for another trip.

As I watched I thought to myself, "well that doesn't really count,...does it?"

So, when you go up to make sure you're current for passengers (especially at night) do you take it all the way to the ground?

• Like 1

Regardless of the regs, he asked what the trend was. Seems it may vary, regs and chief counsel define those currency laps need to come to a stop between each lap. I like to see them come to the ground as well, but not every lap do we do that. If we are just doing routine training, why stop? If its for a flight review...I count them, and make it happen.

However many have their own opinions. But if their opinions do not match the Chief Counsel, then they dont matter, so why ask?